1.    #1  
    Hi all, I've been reading through all the posts here and just wanted to confirm a few things. I have a 700w with a "cooked" 6.1 firmware and I use it to tether my OSX laptop to the phone via BT. Using BT PAN works like junk (OSX bug) but if I configure it to use the phone as a BT modem it works like a champ.

I have the old SERO500 plan without a tethering add-on. I use less than 500mb a month total, so buying an expensive PAM plan would be a terrible option for me.

I'd like to buy a Treo Pro and do the same thing. I'm OK buying WMWiFiRouter if I have to, but I'd like to keep non-PAN BT tethering if I can because it should extend my battery life (probably buy WMWiFiRouter anyways to tether my iPod touch for some games). Can anyone tell me if the BT phone as a modem setup in OSX setup will work with the Pro like it does with my cooked 700w (and if I will be able to use my modest amount of data "under the radar" still)?

Thanks!
    I can't tell you for sure but I can tell you that the same hack enables (free) tethering and it works fine on Windows.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.