Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    I just bought a Sprint's micro USB car charger off ebay for my Pro.
    I see that it is only 850 mA.
    Is that too low?
    Will it charge way too slowly?
    Or is that decent for a car charger?
    That will only charge slightly slower than your regular wall plug. I haven't had an issue using that charger myself.
    Is there one out there that has a higher mA?
    Honestly saying, a little bit more current won't make much of a difference. In fact, a smaller current is better safety-wise.
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Is this the best route to go with a vehicle charger? Are there other options that have been used succesfully that are cheaper?
    Pretty much anything will work. I use a BB car charger with a Motorola microUSB adapter.
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
    im just using a 500ma usb charger. its works but it is alot slower than my wall charger. i suspect you wont seem much difference in an 850ma car charger and a 1a wall charger
    Quote Originally Posted by jpruett79 View Post
    im just using a 500ma usb charger. its works but it is alot slower than my wall charger. i suspect you wont seem much difference in an 850ma car charger and a 1a wall charger
    I was using a 500ma car charger while running Sprint's GPS software. It killed the battery.

Does anyone have experience with a charging system that allows you do to that, and maintain (at least) the charge?