Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Which online (cloud) sync from the Palm Treo Pro is the best? I have found the following three so far:

1. MS MyPhone - My Phone
    2. Virtual Mobile - Virtual Mobile - Home
    3. Flexilis - https://beta.flexilis.com/

I did not know if any of these were good or if there were others out there. Which ones do you use and what has been your experience so far?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    I used MyPhone when it came out-- and then when I needed to restore the contacts to my phone, the functionality was not working. Hopefully this has been fixed.

Then used Google Sync which worked well for a while-- I have most of my contacts in Gmail/Google Voice-- was having minor issues that were difficult to identify. I would notice every now and then that a contact had reverted back to an old name. The biggest issue was that it had Changed all of the birthdays I had entered into my Google contacts by anywhere from 1 day to a month.
    {sigh}

Now I'm using Nuevasync to sync my contacts only. It does not sync the birthdays (actually, it deleted all of them in my phone), but syncs the contacts fine. I'm kinda tired of the whole thing-- let me know if you guys have any other good solutions.

Btw - all 3 above use ActiveSync and sync OTA.
    Last edited by decalex; 06/09/2009 at 02:47 PM.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I have been using goosync, you have to pay for it, but it works very well.
    Terry
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Dashwire has always worked for me.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I've been wondering what people have thought of Dashwire, I'm on the fence on if I should get the service or not
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc View Post
    Which online (cloud) sync from the Palm Treo Pro is the best? I have found the following three so far:

1. MS MyPhone - My Phone
    2. Virtual Mobile - Virtual Mobile - Home
    3. Flexilis - https://beta.flexilis.com/

I did not know if any of these were good or if there were others out there. Which ones do you use and what has been your experience so far?
    1 MS Myphone -- haven't tried it,
    2 Virtual Mobile -- has worked exactly as promised
    3 Flexilis -- an earlier version crashed my phone several times, at least once requiring hard reset, restoring contacts incorrectly, never went back
    4 Google -- haven't tried it
    5 Dashwire -- works well, but doesn't restore all it stores -- probably can manually restore the rest.
    One thing I'm looking for is a service that will also backup files. None seem to do this. MyPhone will back up some documents but not files that I choose. I have a lot of note files that I rely on and want to back them up.

I am trying Virtual Mobile as of this morning. One thing I can't see is how you would do a restore. Anybody know? I don't need to now but I'd like to know for the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by edbro View Post
    I am trying Virtual Mobile as of this morning. One thing I can't see is how you would do a restore. Anybody know? I don't need to now but I'd like to know for the future.
    When you log in from your computer, there's a selection under device management to restore. It will ask you which types of items to restore. When you complete the process, you'll get a message that it'll restore on your next Virtual Mobile synch. Since you might need that after a hard reset, I'd suggest keeping a copy of the installation cab on your memory card, just in case.