Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hjt View Post
    I had the same issue and found that if you disable ClearType your device does become more responsive. Settings/Screen/ClearType.
    That does seem to help thanks. Too bad, cleartype looks much better.
    The good old disable Clear Type recommendation comes to the rescue again .

Might work on the Touch Pro too, but I'll stick with the eye candy and keep Clear Type on . Any delays have never been much of a problem and I use soft qwerty much of the time anyway. I typically only use the slider in the car when I have the Touch Pro mounted sideways. And I can't type fast when the device is in the car holder anyway.
    I will just wait a few seconds before typing rather than turn off clear type. With it off it looks pretty damn crappy.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    you guys must not type a lot on your phone because the lag is ridiculious. This is a 500 dollar phone that lags....
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicWill View Post
    you guys must not type a lot on your phone because the lag is ridiculious. This is a 500 dollar phone that lags....
    agreed

it is frustrating and no excuse for it, no need ro appologize for Palm /HTC on this one

side thought: I wonder if the kb driver is a different one on the Treo Pro from the 700wx/800w...
    Last edited by Malatesta; 06/16/2009 at 03:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I wonder if the kb driver is a different one on the Treo Pro from the 700wx/800w...
    I would venture to say yes, as TomTom behaves differently with this keyboard...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicWill View Post
    As I said:

Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    I typically only use the slider in the car when I have the Touch Pro mounted sideways. And I can't type fast when the device is in the car holder anyway.
    My soft qwerty has no lag and I usually use soft qwerty .

If I used the hard keyboard mostly, I might be upset.

Just because someone does not care to turn off clear type does not mean they don't type a lot. No need to make assumptions about someone.
    XDA Developers - Kaiser software - Speed Up Your Keyboard (Fixes Lag On Hardware Keyboard)

People with Touch Pros say it works for them too. So it may work for the Treo Pro also.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    XDA Developers - Kaiser software - Speed Up Your Keyboard (Fixes Lag On Hardware Keyboard)

People with Touch Pros say it works for them too. So it may work for the Treo Pro also.
    Hmmm...my completely unscientific tests at the moment seem to suggest that this DOES help with the issue at hand.

Obviously need more time to test and hopefully others can chime in with their thoughts...

Attaching for those without XDA accounts.
    Attached Files Attached Files

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Does this do anything to improve the SMS app situation with the first character typed being ignored?

Thanks!
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Does this do anything to improve the SMS app situation with the first character typed being ignored?

Thanks!
    That I don't know as I use the Palm threaded SMS. But I would think it would have a positive effect as this changes the "InitialDelay" timing which I think is related to that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    That I don't know as I use the Palm threaded SMS. But I would think it would have a positive effect as this changes the "InitialDelay" timing which I think is related to that issue.
    No good... Still misses the first character typed.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

No good... Still misses the first character typed.
    damn. gtk though, thanks for reporting back.

I could be wrong, but I thought that if your curser wasn't in the text box then when you push a letter your curser moved to the box. It's like pushing a key makes the phone realize that you want to type and moves the curser down.

I guess what I'm saying is that it doesn't "miss" the first char. typed, but rather the opposite.

It is second nature now for me to push down on the D-pad, which puts the curser in the text box, before I start typing. and I have never experienced a missed character.

I know this is not what you are wanting; the best solution would be for the SMS program to realize you pushed a button, move the curser down, and THEN inset that char. in the message.

Anyway, just sharing my experiences....
    Quote Originally Posted by barrowbl View Post
    I could be wrong, but I thought that if your curser wasn't in the text box then when you push a letter your curser moved to the box. It's like pushing a key makes the phone realize that you want to type and moves the curser down.

I guess what I'm saying is that it doesn't "miss" the first char. typed, but rather the opposite.

It is second nature now for me to push down on the D-pad, which puts the curser in the text box, before I start typing. and I have never experienced a missed character.

I know this is not what you are wanting; the best solution would be for the SMS program to realize you pushed a button, move the curser down, and THEN inset that char. in the message.

Hmmm... I'll have to play around with that...
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

No it has nothing to do with that. It has to do with characters being missed when typinh fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmen23 View Post

Additional thoughts: I have also seen(and experienced) that when listening to audio while the screen saver option is enabled will cause the audio to stutter every time the time changes. For some reason the Treo's hardware can not process the audio and that visual clock change in parallel, so it has to stop the sound, change the time and then proceed with the sound processing. I think what happens with the treo dropping characters is that some kind of memory swapping function is interrupting the keyboards information flow to the SMS app. There is no buffer to hold that info so if the treo is "busy" at any moment as I'm typing away, it just doesn't input that key. I have noticed that it's inconsistent. Sometimes it works fine. Sometimes it works ok. Sometimes it's unbearable. This needs to be fixed. ARE YOU LISTENING PALM?!?! FIX IT!!!!
    I'm having the same problem. Windows Media Player seems to "stutter" every 20 - 60 seconds for about 1 sec., for no obvious reason. I HAVE seen it stop for a second when the time changes, but other times for no obvious cause. Is this something that can be fixed by disabling the screensaver? How do I disable the screensaver on the STP? (1.04) Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by N5LS View Post
    I'm having the same problem. Windows Media Player seems to "stutter" every 20 - 60 seconds for about 1 sec., for no obvious reason. I HAVE seen it stop for a second when the time changes, but other times for no obvious cause. Is this something that can be fixed by disabling the screensaver? How do I disable the screensaver on the STP? (1.04) Thanks!
    Start, settings, system, power... then look for screensaver(s) (whatever it is called).

I found it tonight by accident... only way I know... if I'd been looking for it, I'd never have found it. lol
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by N5LS View Post
    This probably should be in its own separate thread, since it's not about the keyboard. But if disabling the screen saver does not resolve your problem. Are you only noticing the skips when playing media off your SD card? If so, that might be resolved by simply formatting the SD card while its in the device. But of course you'd need a place to temporarily store your card data while formatting the card. A utility like SK Tools can do the card format.
    Quote Originally Posted by barrowbl View Post

Your not wrong. you are 100% correct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast