Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Yes, the problems I had with the 800W finally got me to the point of moving on. Love'd the design but the issues were just more than I was able to continue with. I find the PIM application I am using is ok (Extreme Agenda), but nothing as good as DateBook 6. Lack of a good call recorder - otherwise I am happy.

Quote Originally Posted by jabo View Post
    It won.

I just got my 4th 800w replaced (backup) and promptly moved my and my partners pda phones (HTC Touch and 755) to BB Tours.

I just got fed up with stuff not working, my one partner never texting me because he can't type w/o a keyboar, this list goes on.......

I've had mine for 4 days now and although it has its flaws, it is a damn nice unit.
    bclinger, what device did you move on to? I LOVE Extreme Agenda,(although datebook6 is a great app too) the developer was extremely responsive and worked with me to make it work for the 320x320 screen on the 800w. If he ever makes one for the Tour, I would buy it in a second.
  3. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    I gotta throw in here, as a formerly satisfied 800w user who got upgraded to a Pro for free.

It's better, much, much, better...

I can't even really describe why, other then it just works... and the 3.5 jack I actually decided I love now that I have it.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    800w one of the worst smartphones on the market. Love the design form factor features ect... Too bad it dosent work as it should due to all the glitches. ( I have 3 800w's all do the same quirky things. So annoying)
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Can someone tell me what DOES NOT work? I have an 800W and am very satisfied with it except for the low volume SOMETIMES with some of my onmline radio software................
    Quote Originally Posted by djqwik View Post
    Can someone tell me what DOES NOT work? I have an 800W and am very satisfied with it except for the low volume SOMETIMES with some of my onmline radio software................
    Well, the last one I had (4th) started hard-reseting itself about every 5 days or so until it simply blue-screened on me.
    I have to say I absolutely love the Treo 800w. It does eveything I want it to do and then some - I see the Pre, Pro, Blackberry, even I-Phone and I am scared to switch from my 800w because I don't want to lose my features! I do not have any problems with it at all. I've also tweaked the heck out of my phone.. Here is everything I do - tell me how it can get much better:

Watch TV via slingbox
    Listen to Sirius Satelite Radio
    Chat on AIM
    Listen to MP3's with a loaded memory card
    Threaded Texting
    Picture Mail
    Navigation
    Live Search
    Watch You Tube videos
    Use my phone as a modem when needed
    Camera
    Push email plus work email
    Snych my work outlook calendar, tasks, contacts daily
    etc etc etc...

I have 3 extra batteries I got for like $7 so thats not a problem..

How can a phone get much better!?!? Without losing all of the above features? Oh and ALL of this for $30/month under the SERO plan.. are you kidding me!?!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by djqwik View Post
    See the many comments in this forum and even some in the Treo Pro forum by former 800w owners. See the length of the "bug list" in this forum, versus how short the list is in the Treo Pro forum.

Just be happy you got one that works for you.

The 800w had issues from day 1. It started with the fact it was marketed to have stand alone GPS when it really does not, except via Palm's hacked definition. And it went downhill from there.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Same here.. I have just about ZERO ISSUES.. Once in a while it freezes but it could be due to all the custom things I have done. The other thing is that some of the streaming radio software has low volume.. WUNDERRADIO is LOUD but PANDORA is very low! other then that, I do everything from listen to XM radio, FACEBOOK, WUNDERRADIO, youtube, palingro for multi-service chat, twitter, online video streaming and a slew of other things. I am worried that I switch to a different phone and some of the software DOESNT work. Also I love the threaded text messaging and also the ability to do picture mail and send directly from the phone to myspace, facebook, twitter etc etc etc. OH yea.. I can use my 800W as a wireless access point to my laptop so I dont need a cable... I dont know too many phone that can do that. Also, the issue people keep talking about with the stand along GPS, doesnt bother me since I have a GARMIN GPS in the CAR and the few times I needed to use the 800W as a GPS I was able to use GOOGLE MAPS with the GPS just fine....

I just ordered an extended battery (the one that uses the standard battery door)... OHH BTW -- Im also paying less then $70 a month for almost unlimited everthing (everything is unlimited except I get 700 ANYTIME minutes but uinlimited nights and weekends)... you cant beat it!
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    mine eats batteries for a few days then stops. I'm going to upgrade to the htcpro2
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    I just took mine to a sprint store. chip was going bad so they gave me a new one. I had the insurancw so it was free.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345