1.    #1  
    I installed it and it makes my Treo Pro alot slower, esp opening the messaging/mail app.

My gmail contacts also don't sync properly, either. It's free, so no complaints, but why do so many people swear by this service for push email?
    Quote Originally Posted by pufftissue View Post
    I installed it and it makes my Treo Pro alot slower, esp opening the messaging/mail app.

My gmail contacts also don't sync properly, either. It's free, so no complaints, but why do so many people swear by this service for push email?
    I don't use gmail but I have 7 and a Pro and don't have any issues. I'm assuming you're talking about while having your Pro synced with your desktop?
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by pufftissue View Post

It is a resource monster when it syncs, hence it slows down your device.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    It is a resource monster when it syncs, hence it slows down your device.
    I noticed the same thing. After getting tired of Flexmail's bloat, I decided to try Seven for a couple of days. I wasn't particularly impressed.

First, I noticed that it did slow things down significantly--even, I should add, when it wasn't syncing. Moreover, several times, I would try to close Seven, but it would take a veeery long time to do so--rendering my device unusable during this process. Sometimes, I couldn't get it to close at all. I would have to do a soft reset to get things back to normal. Finally, I was disappointed by the lack of basic customization options. For instance, there's no way to change the outgoing email alias. All sent mail shows up in the recipient's inbox as from your email address (i.e., not "First Lastname"). There's an ongoing thread about this in the forum--this feature has been promised for over two years(!)--but, thus far, nothing has changed.

I'm now back to Flexmail. And after biting the bullet and installing it to main memory (instead of my SD card), it actually is a bit snappier than before.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    I noticed what you're describing on my old 700WX, but since installing SEVEN on my STP 2 months ago, it works flawlessly, except for once when the server was down for a weekend
    -but I've had no resource depletion, or slowing down at all- and syncing works flawlessly with both contacts- and google calendar- and, of course, email -both on gmail (IMAP) and optonline accounts.

Mark