1.    #1  
    I've had trouble with my Treo Pro's ringer for quite a while now; whenever I get a call it doesn't ring, and my speaker isn't broken. To fix this problem I would have to edit the registry, but then it would revert back. Now I tried installing this CAB file and I'm wondering what changes it made?

Here is the file:

http://tinyurl.com/cgj72j

I'm always pretty paranoid about installing 3rd party apps, so if anyone here can code, please take a look at it and tell me what it does!

Thanks!
    Just browsing the setup.xml, this thing is EXTENSIVE... Where did it come from?
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Well... Without dissecting the .cab, I'd say that if you want to try it out, do a full backup and have at it. If it turns out to cause problems, hard reset and restore.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Looks to be a reinstall of the call-related dlls and other files.

Over a hundred pngs, 6 dlls, and a bunch of registry entries. Near as I can tell, the original post was removed by the mods at the palm forum and I can't find any info, so I'd be careful installing it. I have no idea where those dlls came from or if they were modified. Whatever it is, the fix seems like overkill.

Like Grant said, if you have a backup you can try it.