Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if there are registry keys that can be set on the Treo Pro to configure abbreviated dialing? Previous Treos have had this configurable via a form in the Phone settings.

By abbreviated dialing I mean the ability to define digits that are automatically prepended to every number dialed, usually following rules based on length (ie, all 7 digit numbers are prepended with the area code I specify; or all 4 digit numbers are prepended with my area code and my company's NXX prefix because they're assumed to be my company's extensions; or all 10 digit numbers are automatically prepended with my Google Voice number and PIN).
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    that is one of the features I miss.. I hope there's a way to do this. i cant believe they left that out. Palm really needs to do customer surveys to find out favorite features that they need to brig along to the newer phones.
    Can you build in pauses with that function?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaluv View Post
    that is one of the features I miss.. I hope there's a way to do this. i cant believe they left that out. Palm really needs to do customer surveys to find out favorite features that they need to brig along to the newer phones.
    You need to remember who made the Palm Treo Pro... It wasn't Palm...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    You need to remember who made the Palm Treo Pro... It wasn't Palm...
    True, but that doesn't mean Palm couldn't have put their own twist and features into it before or even after it's release. Certain features are expected to be included in Palm phones and there was no reason for them to not maintain those features.
    Apparently Palm didn't tweak the Pro as they reportedly have their other WM models. I've never had one before the Pro, so can't compare.

That said, MagiCall does what you're asking. It does that well and a lot more. It serves as a superior substitute for CallCards and CallBlock that I had on my 700p.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    thanks chris cowles for your post .
    I downloades magicall but is a bit complicated for me.
    I see itīs very complete but iīm trying to make a prefix
    for all 7 digits numbers i dial but canīt get it done .
    can you help me with that.
    Thanks