1.    #1  
    and currently looking to see if I can have the same functions as my 800w mainly:

opera mini
    1600 characters in 10 sms
    have the red button turn off the screen instead of going to the today screen
    internet sharing

those are the main things im looking at right now. I did countless tweaks that i did a long time ago and currently trying to set this phone up in a similar way. thanks for helping.
    Yup, does all that with better battery life, quality sounding earpiece, standalone GPS and way better looks. Enjoy.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  3.    #3  
    ok so i just use the same 800w reg edits?
    How do you make the red button turn off screen? Please.. dont say AE button..
    Sprint Palm Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bryyando View Post
    and currently looking to see if I can have the same functions as my 800w mainly:

have the red button turn off the screen instead of going to the today screen
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $registry$ $key$ $for$ $this$ $has$ not been found as

HKLM\Software\Palm\Keyboard\ EndKeyAsHomeKey from 1 to 0

does not exist on this device. There is also evidently no clean way of disabling the keyguard/Red Key--no matter what you set it to in Settings, the Red key always enables the keyguard (and obvious bug).
    Quote Originally Posted by strongsteve View Post
    I'm pretty sure that is one solution that people are using. :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by bryyando View Post
    1600 characters in 10 sms
    Sine the Treo Pro doesn't use the Palm SMS, you'll have to use a different registry modification to enable this.

So this doesn't apply:
    HKLM\software\palm\varnish\messaging\sms\MaxPartsPerMsg=10

I'm not sure if the default SMS client can span-multiple messages in WM6.1 or if there is a registry change for that (I use the Palm threaded app, found here, which has this enabled on install).
    Last edited by Malatesta; 06/07/2009 at 09:13 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  6.    #6  
    ok so some things that i would like to change. the task manager so its like the 800w. before i would open up the programs i want and to switch i would just bring up the task manager and switch to that program.

another thing i would like is to remap the buttons on the bottom of the screen. to something other then contacts and internet. is that possible?

and the last thing for right now. once i lock up the screen how do i turn it off? on the 800 i would just lock with opt red and then press red one more time.
  7.    #7  
    for the red button to turn off screen ive been tapping the power button. it ends up locking the screen as well.
  8.    #8  
    some other things that i dont really like or not used to.

keys need to be pressed harder so i dont type as fast. when im on the phone the screen doesnt eventually lock up so the phone is bright the whole time. thats it so far.
  9.    #9  
    also is there a way to get the mms like on the 800? before i would just get a link to my picturemail.
    MMS is built into the Pro. The 800 had a hack.

AS for the red button- press it and go to the today screen, hold it and lock/off.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  11.    #11  
    for the mms i would get a text under the same person im texting with a link. i prefer the links. if i cant i might just live with it even though im planning on switching to palm sms
  12.    #12  
    hmm for the default mms does it work like sprint's where i could send it to photobucket? I'm actually liking how I dont need to open up my browser to download pictures.
  13.    #13  
    so are there fixes or tweaks for task manager, softkeys on the today screen, low volume, and lag in texts?
    Quote Originally Posted by strongsteve View Post
    Hmm, on mine when i hit the red button it goes to the today screen and 2 seconds later screen turns off. Doesn't this happen for everyone else?

I totally love the screen saver thingy...absolutely delicious. Comes in handy especially when using Pandora, i can now turn off screen and Pandora won't stop on me unlike my previous 700Wx.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Have a 800w that will be replacing my wifes centro and I just scored a brand new Treo Pro for under $200 shipped off contract (screw extending my contract)

Now the fun of playing with a new phone.

One quick question up front - does the seidio holster for the 800 work with the Pro as well or will I need to buy a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by osidak View Post
    One quick question up front - does the seidio holster for the 800 work with the Pro as well or will I need to buy a new one.
    You'll have to buy one. I highly recommend the Innocase II / Holster combo available from Sprint Stores for $40.00
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  17.    #17  
    you can hold the red button to turn off the screen. or press the power button on top of the phone. it has the same function for me. except holding the red button shows the keyguard engaging, while the power button turns off the screen at the same time.