1.    #1  
    I keep seeing the 2400mah batteries on ebay with a shiny black cover. I am wondering how a larger cover will do with the external speaker, and am wondering if anyone has had any success with these batteries?

On the 800w I had to get 3 replacements from Seidio because they would not charge and finally just went with the mugen.

I seem to replace my phone anytime a new one comes out,so I hate to drop too much money. It seems the built in battery works pretty well, got another 12-14 hours of heavy use out of it before I had to plug it in, so I am thinking another 900mah would be a perfect add if these things work.

Anyone had and success or failures with these? I saw a couple posts on XDA a while back saying one would not charge and the other would not display remaining battery life.

Daryl
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    no experience w/ this brand. subscribing to see if anyone else does. I can tell you that my high cap. Seidio battery for my former treo 800 was great.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    *tagged* for response..
  4.    #4  
    Still thinking about this. It is $20 now it might be worth trying. It seems like allot are out there and selling and no real negative feebacks. Maybe they found a problem and fixed it. Hmmm I wonder how the warranty works. One thing I hate about ebay!

I just picked up the innocase and seidio spring clip but now am wondering how I get protection and spring clip face in design.

So then I thought heck, who cares if the thing gets smudged up where the clip is, pick up a $20 2400mah battery and a $24 clip and take back the crap I just bought at sprint store.

Decisions Decisions. If I buy it, I will update this post, if anyone else took the plunge, please let me know! I always hate putting too much money into these things as soon as the next model comes out I upgrade anyway.
    Hello,

I'm wondering if you bought this battery. On the web site, it doesn't mention if the back cover is included. Is is $31.50 on their web site, with included shipping.

Thank you.

gb
    Don't do it. The back doesn't stay on and the OEM battery last a lot longer than this one. I gave it 2 weeks of charging to improve and it didn't get much better. They will take it back, but sending it back to Hong Kong isn't worth it for $20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyatbt View Post
    Don't do it. The back doesn't stay on and the OEM battery last a lot longer than this one. I gave it 2 weeks of charging to improve and it didn't get much better. They will take it back, but sending it back to Hong Kong isn't worth it for $20.00
    Thanks for that info!
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Thank you very much for your response.

I live at Mexico, and shipping to my country the Palm original or Seidio 3500mah costs about $35. So I'm looking to spend about $85 for Palm original or about $105 for Seidio's. This one is $31.50 shipped.

I know that I'd get what I pay for in question of quality and durability, but it is hard to argue that I can buy three 2400mah batteries for the price of one extended from Seidio.

So I'd like to ask you a question, Is it low quality? Do you think it can explode, corrode or something similar? If you think it is a danger to buy this one, I'd stay away from it, but if it is something almost similar to Palm's original at less the price, I think I might buy one or two.

Thank you for your answer.
    I searched the web and I found this site:

WORCELL - Singapore Premier Battery Bank

They seem to sell the same battery as the one from Seidio. They even have the same black plate with Seidio logo in it. They are selling the battery for $67 (three dollars less than Seidio's site) but they only charge $7 for shipping to anywhere in the world. So I would pay $74 instead of $105 for the same battery.

If somebody have bought from Worcell, please let me know if they are indeed the same battery as the one offered by Seidio.

Thank you.

gb
    Quote Originally Posted by estuardo View Post
    Thank you very much for your response.

I live at Mexico, and shipping to my country the Palm original or Seidio 3500mah costs about $35. So I'm looking to spend about $85 for Palm original or about $105 for Seidio's. This one is $31.50 shipped.

I know that I'd get what I pay for in question of quality and durability, but it is hard to argue that I can buy three 2400mah batteries for the price of one extended from Seidio.

So I'd like to ask you a question, Is it low quality? Do you think it can explode, corrode or something similar? If you think it is a danger to buy this one, I'd stay away from it, but if it is something almost similar to Palm's original at less the price, I think I might buy one or two.

Thank you for your answer.
    I think the quality is fine. I have bought some pretty cheep batteries on eBay that look cheep. This one is well made.
    I think the quality is fine. I have bought some pretty cheep batteries on eBay that look cheep. This one is well made.
    I've searched Xell batteries user reviews and it seems that these batteries are causing problems reading accurately the percentage of life left. Also, it seems that they can't hold a charge after a few charging cycles.

Caseyatbt, now that you kindly answered my question, I have a new one: Is this battery really big? I read on some other forums (for different kinds of cell phones) that you can still use the original back case with the extended batteries from Xell. Is this the case with the one for the Treo Pro? Or do I need to use the third party back case?

Thank you very much for your answer.

gb
    Just to make sure we are still talking about the same battery, here is the one I bought:

2400mAh BATTERY FIT PALM Treo 850,850W,Pro,Drucker - eBay (item 250443190057 end time Sep-10-09 06:25:30 PDT)

This battery is almost as big as Seidio's extended battery and needs the bigger back cover. It is a Cameron Sino brand and I always had good luck with this brand when I needed batteries for my old Sony Clie PDA's.
    Just to make sure we are still talking about the same battery, here is the one I bought:

2400mAh BATTERY FIT PALM Treo 850,850W,Pro,Drucker - eBay (item 250443190057 end time Sep-10-09 06:25:30 PDT)

This battery is almost as big as Seidio's extended battery and needs the bigger back cover. It is a Cameron Sino brand and I always had good luck with this brand when I needed batteries for my old Sony Clie PDA's.
    Yes, it is the same battery. But I guessed that the battery could be slimmer because of the lower mah read.

So, bigger than the stock one, and lasts less time. No wonder you are not recommend it. Even for $20.

Thank you for your answers.

gb
    just to remind people if your phone is still under warranty a quick call to palm about battery issues is usually resolved with a free one mailed to you.
    xxxery, here is the one I bought:
    LINK REMOVED

This battery is almost as big as Seidio's extended battery and needs the bigger back cover. It is a Cameron Sino brand and I always had good luck with this brand when I needed batteries for my old Sony Clie PDA's.[/QUOTE]

/\ I bought one of those and it was NFG, also a standard size from the same seller. also NFG. in fairness I got refunded but I pushed the issue by initiating a paypal complaint. I did send them back to HK by parcel post (no tracking) for $3.00. so that was all I lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by chilidogtampa View Post
    I bought one of those and it was NFG, also a standard size from the same seller. also NFG. in fairness I got refunded but I pushed the issue by initiating a paypal complaint. I did send them back to HK by parcel post (no tracking) for $3.00. so that was all I lost.
    They offered me a refund, but I didn't think it was worth sending it back for a $19.00 refund. So, it's only $3.00? Maybe I'll do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by snehsneh View Post
    just to remind people if your phone is still under warranty a quick call to palm about battery issues is usually resolved with a free one mailed to you.
    I spend about an hour on the phone with them, but indeed, they will send me a replacement battery, free of charge. Thank you for your useful advise.

gb
    Okay i have this battery from ebay. i thought it was not working but it turns out that the battery meter is what is buggy. If i ignore the battery wanings i can use the phone and even watch movies for HOURS! So the only problem is how to get the phone to detect the truecharge of the battery.....any suggestions?