1.    #1  
    I can get anyone to hear me or to hear them, except through bluetooth.

Also, cannot press any softkeys on the dialpad once a call is placed.

Any ideas before I revert to hard reset?

TCPMP is installed and it seemed to start after playing mp3's through my sound system, a call came in, I disconnected the headphone jack but nothing helped.

I tried the system state registry state but it always is 1 even if I change it then press the reset button.

I still hear ringtones, but do not hear mp3 or anything except through headphones.

Until this glitch this has been the best phone I have ever had. Amazing upgrade in battery life, bluetooth and speaker volume and sound quality, look, feel, operating etc...

Any help appreciated before I hard reset.

By the way, any official announcement that treo pro will get a 6.5 upgrade?

Thanks,

Daryl
    Quote Originally Posted by darylrue View Post
    Thread about that below... think this one: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...ing-calls.html

Settings, keyguard...uncheck "while on a phone call."

Might want to do a hard reset and try the phone for a week without any programs installed. That is what I am doing.... then I'll start slowing installing one program at a time to see if any don't play well with the TP.

By the way, any official announcement that treo pro will get a 6.5 upgrade?.
    good luck with that one... only phone I'd guess will see that will be the new htc pro2. I'd be surprised to see treo pro with 6.5 (sprint version at least).
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001

Any ideas before I revert to hard reset?

TCPMP is installed and it seemed to start after playing mp3's through my sound system, a call came in, I disconnected the headphone jack but nothing helped.

I tried the system state registry state but it always is 1 even if I change it then press the reset button.

I still hear ringtones, but do not hear mp3 or anything except through headphones.

Until this glitch this has been the best phone I have ever had. Amazing upgrade in battery life, bluetooth and speaker volume and sound quality, look, feel, operating etc...

Any help appreciated before I hard reset.

By the way, any official announcement that treo pro will get a 6.5 upgrade?

Thanks,

Daryl
    I'm using a GSM Treo Pro. If you have the Sprint version, there are apparently differences.

If I answer a call by hitting the green "answer" button on the phone, no matter whether I have bluetooth on or not, the call is always answered at the phone. If I have bluetooth on & hit the "answer" button on the headset, the call goes to the headset. That works whether I'm speaking on the phone & switch or if I start the call on the headset.

You've already gotten an answer to the keyguard issue. Just remember that there's no proximity detector in the screen. If you're not using bluetooth, your cheek can disconnect you...or worse.

On the GSM TP, ringtones only play through the speaker, possibly the wired earbuds. If ring audio is down or the manual switch is on vibrate, a BT headset will only use the built in ring notification, although music should play through the BT headset, if it has that capability.

The issue you mention with TCPMP -- I think you're saying you disconnected the wired earbuds to take a call. Most music players will pause the music & allow you to take a call through the wired or BT headset. Try using TCPMP, have someone call you & take the call with the same headset you were using when the issue occurred. Finish the call, let TCPMP start playing music again (should be automatic). Stop the music, close TCPMP, then disconnect the headset. Maybe even now do a soft reset for good measure. Have you tried using a different music player to see if it's a player issue?

If none of that helps, try your carrier's local store. At least with what I've seen & heard, the local guys for AT&T & Sprint are miles ahead of over the phone CS tech support. And (with Sprint) you just might get a replacement right there, if it's a defective phone.
  4.    #4  
    Somehow the problem fixed. I turned bluetooth off and on, inserted a 1/8 audio adapter a few times and then it just started working. I will keep an eye on it and if it happens again I will be more methodical about what it took and reply here in case it happens to anyone else.
    Somehow the problem fixed. I turned bluetooth off and on, inserted a 1/8 audio adapter a few times and then it just started working. I will keep an eye on it and if it happens again I will be more methodical about what it took and reply here in case it happens to anyone else.
    When you mentioned disconnecting the headset to take a call while TCPMP was running, I suspected that was at least a contributor to the problem. If you want a good analogy, think of a game & two people on one side are used to a certain set of rules to play by. Then, in the middle of the game, the host changes the rules. The two players (TCPMP & some piece of audio switching circuitry) become confused how to play properly. If there hadn't been an incoming call, TCPMP was feeding to the earbuds & the earbud connection removed, you might not have had an issue. Who knows which combination of those three things created the problem? But you can always be sure Murphy's Law applies to electronics.
  6.    #6  
    I can reproduce this problem now, and correct it. Is this a hardware problem?

When WMP is running or TCPMP with a song playing with headset plugged in, I remove headset and still no sound. If I plug the headset 3/4 the way in I hear the speaker on the phone, all the way in, I hear the headset. One time I took the headset out and shook the phone a bit and it started and stopped playing. Strange.

So thinking it is a hardware problem, I close the media app and when to the registry. insterted and removed the headset jack and each time it successfully changed the headset state from 0 to 1. Seems like the 1/8" jack has a sensor on it that might be bad?

With the media players it seemed that I had to get lucky or methodically or slowly remove the 1/8 adapter to get sound back.