1.    #1  
    Hi all,
    I have a Treo 750 and I have had Vista Ultimate 64 on my machine for 4 months with no problems. I turned the computer off last week for two days while I was gone, and when I got back, my phone would not sync with anything, the computer won't even recognize it.

I have Vista 64 with WMDC 6.1 64 bit installed on the computer and Windows Mobile 6 Pro on the phone.

I have uninstalled WMDC 6.1 and the update through control panel, cleaned the registry, deleted the Windows Mobile folders on the computer and reinstalled several times with no luck.

I have tried two different USB cables on two different ports, no luck.

I have even tried the "trick" of installing WMDC twice in a row with the phone connected and not connected and it still does not work.

I did both a soft and hard reset on the phone and still no luck.
    Interesting test, if I restart the computer in safe mode, then it will see the phone, but WMDC will not run in safe mode!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Last edited by stubek; 06/04/2009 at 07:28 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Problem solved, somewhat....

I decided after 8+ hours to take a break for an hour. I came back, plugged the phone into cable 2 and it worked! But, it would not work with cable 1.

Then, a few hours later, I plugged the phone into cable 1 when I went to bed out of habit and it worked!

No idea why both cables suddenly started working a few hours apart. The real question is, if/when this happens again, how many days do I do nothing hoping it fixes itself or do I spend 8+ hours uninstalling and reinstalling over and over, or do I buy a new phone and drop the Treo out the window?
    do you know if your device name has changed on the Treo? I've had issues syncing before on XP 32bit, and sometimes it reports that my Treo has synced before on another system and it decided to rename my Treo to have a different device name.