Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    as much as i want to like this device, it is getting really hard. i am a very optimistic person. this is my second attempt at the treo pro. i got it when it first came out and got rid of it when i started missing calls. then zbop came up with the "missing calls fix" that everyone said was working perfect. when i say that the biggest problem i had was the device was gone, i figured it was ok to come back.

well, i am still missing calls. not everyday, but sometimes 2-3 a day. i get a lot of calls in a day (50-80) so i can give it a good test forsure. i have done the fix and yes, i'm sure it was done correctly.

yesterday, my exchange snyc just stop syncing. first time in years activesync and the exchange screwed up. it kept giving me the error of a certian email attachment that couldn't be synced. therefor, stoping the sync and not letting it start up again. the attachment synced fine a few days before when i originally got it. it was just a small pdf file that i had moved to a saved folder.

yesterday, viigo wouldn't open. i have used this app for a long time on many devices. never had a problem until now. i tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. i had to do a softreset to get it working again. funny thing is i installed every app that i had when i was having problems with it. everythings ok with it the second time.

today, i could unlock the phone to make a call. i wake the device by pressing the top button, then i have to hit the center key to unlock. it was as if there wasn't a center key. i had to pull the bettery and wait the 2 minutes just to make the call.

few minutes later, i couldn't answer the call. it was stuck on the incomming call screen with a little of the unlock by pressing the center button screen. had to pull battery, wait 2 minutes, and then call them back.

did another hardreset today and not running any apps at all. just synced my exchange and we are going to see how it goes.

why does these things always happen to me. i really want to keep this phone. the 700wx was my favorite device ever and i was just hoping on a new version with gps and no antanna.

here are the apps i have loaded. i know someones going to ask.

viigo
    spb diary
    ui tweeker
    keylight
    palms speed dial
    hidecarrier (to go with palm speed dial)
    hannips reset app
    IE toggle
    RDM+

hacks...
    battery and preformance
    wireless plugin control

i dont run a lot of apps because i dont want a lot of problems. all these app i have ran for years on other wm devices. many everyone else runs with no problems.

i dont know what to do. if anyone has any ideas, let me know. i have done 3 hard reset in a week. this is crazy.

thanks, Cody
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    I assume it's Viigo 3.x?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I assume it's Viigo 3.x?
    yes.

part of the reason i use viigo is so i can stay up with new info from TC, BGR, Engadet, ect. i have the all the updated software versions the day they come out.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    personally, I wouldn't touch Viigo with a 10-ft poll on any WM device. Always found their stuff big, clunky and buggy.

Why not try a dedicated RSS reaser like Newsbreak, which is not only rock solid, light and fast but has tons of options (like automatic downloads, keyword notifications, etc.)?

Of all the things you listed, for some reason Viigo just stands out as a possible culprit as everything else seems innocuous.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    just get the pre. it looks to me like you are looking for a reason and found it.
    I only have Memmaid and SKTools on mine and don't have one single issue with the device at all. Haven't even got around to installing the missed call hack and get every call. It's got to be some app you're running.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    just get the pre. it looks to me like you are looking for a reason and found it.
    I think you've got it right Ericizzy1. Cody wants that Pre and must find a reason to justify getting one .
    it sounds like to me you need a hard reset. How much free storage memory do you have on the phone?(not memory card)
    "personally, I wouldn't touch Viigo with a 10-ft poll on any WM device. Always found their stuff big, clunky and buggy."

Interesting. My GSM Treo Pro runs flawlessly except for Viigo.

For example, sometimes when I terminate using the "OK" hardware button, the Viigo logo remains in the top right corner of the screen.

Gary
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    personally, I wouldn't touch Viigo with a 10-ft poll on any WM device. Always found their stuff big, clunky and buggy.

Why not try a dedicated RSS reaser like Newsbreak, which is not only rock solid, light and fast but has tons of options (like automatic downloads, keyword notifications, etc.)?

Of all the things you listed, for some reason Viigo just stands out as a possible culprit as everything else seems innocuous.
    i am running viigo because it is free. also because i have ran it for the last 18 months on the blackberry with no problems. still i wont bother given up which ever app i have to for a stable os, no matter which app it is.

i am running the device without any 3rd party apps for a few days. i think your right as well. it has to be some kind of conflict. no one else is having all this trouble.

thanks mal

cody
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    I think you've got it right Ericizzy1. Cody wants that Pre and must find a reason to justify getting one .
    if you guys think i need an excuss to get the pre .... YOUR WRONG.

i get what ever i want when i want and i dont care who thinks i made a bad choice or what ever.

the pre does look like a nice device, but not worth what they want me to do for it.

right now i pay $119 a month for 5 lines. i have 2400 minutes, unlimited sms one one line, 2 lines with 1000 free sms, and free data on my line.

for me to get the pre i would have to get the everything data family 1500 plan for 5 lines costing me $189 a month. that $80 more. even if i split the line and made it seperte putting me on a sep unlimited plan it would cost me $70 more a month. i make 1500 minutes worth of my current plan and couldn't go with anything else.

if you knew me at all, my heart has always been with wm. infact, treo versions of wm. i loved the treo 700wx which was the best wm device in it's day. every time i get a different wm device i keep compairing it the the 700wx. no other wm device is near as smooth and stable as the 700wx. at least me me. i know many are happy with there 800w's and treo pro's. i just haven't been that lucky yet.

i love wm because of all the apps. i love hacking/reg edits. i really liked mortscript and developing little apps here and there. i can't do that on the blackberry which is why i am trying to come back to windows mobile.

i have had the 6700, 6800, and touch pro. neither of those felt as good as the treo. i love the front facing qwerty wm devices. the treo is just the best for my likings.

i would have stayed with the treo 700wx for ever if it wasnt for the darn bulky antanna, lack of gps and wifi. today it is just too far behind the times, but was a nice stable device that just worked.

i have played with pdas only since 2005. i have twice as many posts on tc than i do ppcgeeks, SU, hofo, where ever all put together. i am not a post ***** like some. i just loved the treo and TC.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmen23 View Post
    it sounds like to me you need a hard reset. How much free storage memory do you have on the phone?(not memory card)
    the first two hard resets i thought the same thing. but each of those times i just installed the same apps back on to it. todays hard rest i am not doing that. the only way to tell how this device is really working is to run it stock for a while and then one at a time start loading apps. then i will know which app is causing all the trouble.

i aint given up. this is the phone i want to use. love the hardware, battery aint bad. it has the gps, and wifi i was wanting. and most of all i can start writing little scripts/apps again. i really missed that with the blackberry.
    It has to be one of those apps. Start fresh and install one at a time. You're having an awful lot of issues that nobody is experiencing. If it were the 800 I'd blame the device but these Pro's are pretty solid. I haven't froze or a missed call since upgrading to 1.04.

I to liked the Curve but like you mentioned without tweaking its pretty boring. As for the Pre even though I have the plan for it but pretty weiry if an untested OS. It has zero apps and besides I'm not eligible. I will probably have an iPhone 3.0 so I'm not renewing my Sprint contract anyway.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    I'll bet on viigo or SPB Diary
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i am running viigo because it is free. also because i have ran it for the last 18 months on the blackberry with no problems. still i wont bother given up which ever app i have to for a stable os, no matter which app it is.

i am running the device without any 3rd party apps for a few days. i think your right as well. it has to be some kind of conflict. no one else is having all this trouble.

thanks mal

cody
    np, hopefully that's the culprit.

There are a few free RSS readers out there too that you can try out to replace Viigo once you get stablized later on.
    Cody, yea I've seen all you said about the cost of getting a Pre before.

Anyway, let me know what you think of it once you've got one. Cause you'll have it way before I ever get one. Of that I am certain.

But really, you liking a device one day and then wanting to get something else seems to happen every other week .
  17.    #17  
    Anyway, let me know what you think of it once you've got one. Cause you'll have it way before I ever get one. Of that I am certain.
    i'll bet ya i never get it. it's got a new os that sounds cool, but i aint loosing my plan for it. plus my fat fingers are having a tough enough time typing on the treo pro. i would hate to think of a smaller key board.

But really, you liking a device one day and then wanting to get something else seems to happen every other week .
    i make good money, all my bills are paid, dont have credit card debt, dont own a boat. i have know problem switching devices when ever i want. in fact, i would say phones are my hobbie. i enjoy the fact that i am known for having many devices. it's not that i'm uncontent, it's that i enjoy having something different somtimes. it's that i enjoy new technology, ect. i get board easy.
    Last edited by codyppc; 06/05/2009 at 10:41 AM.
    Cody why are you acting so jumpy and taking offense? I speak to you with a smile and laughter and you respond with a less than jovial tone.

TC used to be a place where someone could take a joke. If you want it back, lighten up.

My record of posts in this Treo Pro forum is full of comments where I'm offering help with questions.

Perhaps you have some personal issue with me. But regardless I'll let this be my last comment in this thread. Sir, you may have the last shot.
  19.    #19  
    Cody why are you acting so jumpy and taking offense? I speak to you with a smile and laughter and you respond with a less than jovial tone.

TC used to be a place where someone could take a joke. If you want it back, lighten up.

My record of posts in this Treo Pro forum is full of comments where I'm offering help with questions.

Perhaps you have some personal issue with me. But regardless I'll let this be my last comment in this thread. Sir, you may have the last shot.
    I know you have wisdom with wm that can help many with the treo pro. I have seen you help many and share great information. ev everything you posted in this thread was not.

I can take a joke, but only when its funny.

I aint got anything against you buddy. I started this thread because I was seriously want some help. half the post in this thread was just the oppisite.

im cool if your cool. I just wanna figure this thing out.

I will ger another device. I just hope its not that soon. at least not until something really cool comes out.

I will edit my post above so it looks better. I don't want to look like a bad guy either.

cody
    Cody,

It is not your apps. The Treo Pro, while I love it, is buggy and locks up occassionally.

I'm pretty sure it's related to Wi-fi switching (connecting/disconnecting).

This device needs a rom update. This is EXACTLY these phones should be unlocked and customized via roms, as this problem would have been found and fixed.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast