Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    Cody,

It is not your apps. The Treo Pro, while I love it, is buggy and locks up occassionally.

I'm pretty sure it's related to Wi-fi switching (connecting/disconnecting).

This device needs a rom update. This is EXACTLY these phones should be unlocked and customized via roms, as this problem would have been found and fixed.
    i have had the vibrate thing happen twice today. it wont stop vibrating until i asnwer the email. i have gotten 20 emails today so it's far from something i can do infront of a service guy. i also missed another call today that went right to voice mail.

a custom ROM would do wounder for this device. the hardware is perfect for me, but.....
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i have had the vibrate thing happen twice today. it wont stop vibrating until i asnwer the email. i have gotten 20 emails today so it's far from something i can do infront of a service guy. i also missed another call today that went right to voice mail.
    Cody, just a thought. When I first got my STP I had the same thing happen a few times. I do not remember all the details on what was causing it, but for me it only happened when the phone was plugged into the wall charger, and I think I had TA setup to vibrate AND I had vibrate selected in Sounds and Notifications. Seems after I un-checked Vibrate under Sounds and Notifications the problem stopped. Or, whatever I changed, I have never had that problem again.

But, according to your list, you are not using TA. Then again, now that I think of it, probably reason it never happened again is I have never again used the native Vibrate within WM, TA is one of the first things I install on a Treo cause I like to be able to change the vibrate pattern and get repeating alerts.

Maybe pay attention next time, is it plugged in when it is vibrating non-stop? If so that may help you duplicate it.

Just my 2-cents worth of experience......
    What changed hardware wise between the GSM and the Sprint Pro? Just the a faster processor in the Sprint Pro correct? Could the processor be having a problem with the mainboard? ROM/BIOS update needed?

I think it's so strange that the GSM Pro is fine and the Sprint Pro has these problems.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Have mine for a couple of days now...

All my other phones will ring in one of the buildings I work... treo pro will not, goes straight to voice mail. Not a huge deal, as I thought this might be the case, but still a bit frustrating.

Actually, the other phones will ring, but sometimes not sound clear upon pickup, but nice to know someone called... sometimes people don't leave messages, so I don't know they called on the pro.

Outside of that, no issues... but then I've not loaded anything, except the 1.04 update and the fix for calls.... Will more than likely run the phone like this for the weekend for testing purposes and then start installing software

I'm hoping palm provides an update soon... that would be nice. Pro is a nice device, but I'm not sure I trust it as a main phone.

We will see how this works out... I'll more than likely keep my BB close for now (do not care for BB, but choices are limited with sprint at the moment...).
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post

a custom ROM would do wounder for this device. the hardware is perfect for me, but.....
    Interesting that many of us do not have these problems. I have a GSM Pro. Does the Sprint version really have that many problems???

I am thinking that some of these problems have to be coming from a hack or some program you have running in the background.

I have exchange on 24/7, Mobile Shell 3.0, weather polling very hour and many other programs and have no problems. Battery life is also outstanding compared to other WM devices I've had in the past (there have been many).
    Mike
    I realize that what I'm about to say isn't going to be too popular, but here goes. I kept on changing phones on Sprint because I would get missed calls, delayed texts, etc...that last phone being the Treo Pro.

I came to the conclusion that the problem wasn't the phones, but the Sprint service itself. Granted, some phones perform better, and get better reception then others, but my issue was Sprint itself. Others may experience differently based on where they live, but that's just my experience. I switched to Verizon a couple of weeks ago, and am never looking back .
    Quote Originally Posted by wildrage View Post
    I switched to Verizon a couple of weeks ago, and am never looking back .
    Sprint and your wallet are sorry to see you go...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12