1.    #1  
    My Treo Pro speaker won't work after I tried to plug-in my earbuds for the first time. This is an unlocked GSM version I bought off Ebay. I noticed in the jack at the bottom of the device what appeared at first glance to be a little bubble...then it looked like a prong (I can't be sure now). In any case, when I went to plug in the earbuds I pushed hard to make plug go all the way in, obliterating whatever was in there. I don't think it went all the way in, but the sound on the earbuds worked.

But then when I tried listening to a video without earbuds, speaker didn't have any sound coming out of it (even when put up close to my ear). The mute was off and volume all the way up. Never was a problem up to this point.

Did I just destroy my Treo Pro speaker?
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo800want View Post
    My Treo Pro speaker won't work after I tried to plug-in my earbuds for the first time. This is an unlocked GSM version I bought off Ebay. I noticed in the jack at the bottom of the device what appeared at first glance to be a little bubble...then it looked like a prong (I can't be sure now). In any case, when I went to plug in the earbuds I pushed hard to make plug go all the way in, obliterating whatever was in there. I don't think it went all the way in, but the sound on the earbuds worked.

But then when I tried listening to a video without earbuds, speaker didn't have any sound coming out of it (even when put up close to my ear). The mute was off and volume all the way up. Never was a problem up to this point.

Did I just destroy my Treo Pro speaker?
    Anybody have an anwer to this? should I just take it to some repair shop?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treo800want View Post
    Anybody have an anwer to this? should I just take it to some repair shop?
    same thing happend to me this morning, i conect the hearphones and after that the speakers wont work anymore...
    I once had a similar problem. Then I finally realized that the volume control on the side had been pressed too often and the volume was all the way down..... seriously. It took me entirely too long to figure it out.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ftwitty View Post
    I once had a similar problem. Then I finally realized that the volume control on the side had been pressed too often and the volume was all the way down..... seriously. It took me entirely too long to figure it out.
    It can't be the volume control...I tried adjusting it several times. I see the volume on display increasing, but no sound on speaker. I really believe, because I bought on Ebay, some particle was jammed in the headphone slot which I cannot remove. Worse, the headphone jac won't go all the way in, probably because of this particle left inside.

I haven't touched it in awhile, gathering dust with my 680. I wound up buying an Iphone 3GS.