1.    #1  
    I know this has been asked; and i beleive its 4GB, but can someone verify that? Or if it can go larger? I have sprint version
    Quote Originally Posted by triplecore View Post
    I know this has been asked; and i beleive its 4GB, but can someone verify that? Or if it can go larger? I have sprint version
    Treo Pro supports up to 16 GB which is a limitation of the OS, not necessarily the hardware.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Treo Pro supports up to 16 GB which is a limitation of the OS, not necessarily the hardware.
    Just to add weight to this, I am actually using a Scandisk 16GB card and it works fine.
    The unlocked GSM version is supposed to handle up to 32GB. Of course, since those cards don't exist yet, there's no way to prove that, is there?
    I have an 8GB Scandisk microSD card Class 6 and it works fine also.
  6.    #6  
    wow thanks; and I was thinking 4GB. 16GB and 32GB; i am really going to need to start finding cabs to install.
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    The unlocked GSM version is supposed to handle up to 32GB. Of course, since those cards don't exist yet, there's no way to prove that, is there?
    Correct!

WM 6.1 supports up to 32GB. (Also see the Palm spec sheet.)

But so far we can only confirm 16GB works .
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    up and running with an 8GB micro sdhc.

All this space available just for my iTunes integration and media...
    wow thanks; and I was thinking 4GB. 16GB and 32GB; i am really going to need to start finding cabs to install.
    Use the space for movies, music and other multimedia. Family pictures, copies of work presentations and so on.

When it comes to programs, they're going to get faster performance when they're running from the device's internal storage. Although, most people run programs from the storage card with no problems at all. Just depends how pickey you are when it comes to performance .
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Use the space for movies, music and other multimedia. Family pictures, copies of work presentations and so on.

When it comes to programs, they're going to get faster performance when they're running from the device's internal storage. Although, most people run programs from the storage card with no problems at all. Just depends how pickey you are when it comes to performance .
    Yes, after transferring the stuff I had on my iPhone I've filled half of my 16GB already.

Somethings are better installed to the device, e.g. Windows Mobile Shell, MS Reader, Avantgo ( reading and writing a lot of small files is much quicker on the device than the storage card). That said, I heard today that Avantgo is er, going at the end of June...

Stuff like bookreaders and ebooks and dictionaries are fine on the storage card as stated above by Darnell.
    Does anyone know if there are 16gb Class 6 cards out? I've only seen pics of Class 4 on Sandisk's website.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmen23 View Post
    Does anyone know if there are 16gb Class 6 cards out? I've only seen pics of Class 4 on Sandisk's website.
    Yes, there are 16GB Class 6 cards. But Sandisk does not have them yet. I'm sure once Sandisk has them they'll overcharge you for the honor of having a card with their name on it . (But I've got plenty of Sandisk cards myself, I usually only get their cards if I find a good Ebay deal.)

A-Data and Transcend both have 16GB MicroSDHC Class 6 cards available now. I've got a Transcend 16GB Class 6 in my Touch Pro right now and it's been running great. I only got the Transcend card because it was the first I saw at 16GB Class 6, but the A-Data card came out the same weekend as the Transcend card. You can read plenty of discussion about 16GB class 6 in this thread.
    Using a Kingston 16GB SDHC Class 4 from Day 1 with no problems.