View Poll Results: Who is sticking with the Pro after Saturday/Pre?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sticking with Pro for Awhile

77 92.77%
  • Switching to Pre ASAP

6 7.23%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    thanks for the info. I started poking around in those threads. Didn't want to diving into doiing all this add on stuff till I was pretty sure I was going to keep the phone. Now that I think I'm keeping it I started with the add ons. QuickGPS, 800w SMS to follow, and then we'll see what else. Skb is pretty cool. And now deciding if I want to go with Agendus or Pocket Informant. Fun fun fun...haha.

And the screen does seem to take a little more effort when tapping. I noticed that off the back.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    My 3 months using the TP, unlocked direct from Palm, has been an awesome experience. Each day I seem to learn more of the capabilities and "features" of the TP that keeps me happy with the device. My only complaint with the TP is the screen size - I have Diamond 2 envy! Before buying the TP, I was fearful of the WM OS. Now, I really enjoy it. (Maybe if Palm would have released WebOS a couple of years ago I wouldn't be as content with WM.)

I handled a Pre demo the other day and was pleased with it, although guarded. The device seems smaller than I'd expected, maybe designed for a more "delicate" hand. While the keyboard seemed usable, being beneath or lower than the rest of the device made the keyboard seem less stable and secure. I can punch my TP keyboard without ever a thought of the device staying together. This little appendage just seems like an afterthought and for minimal usage.

I really wanted a reason to switch to the Pre. And, agreeing with others who have pointed out the less than optimal "features" yet to be delivered by Palm, I'm not going to leave my contract-free status with AT&T for the Sprint Pre. I'll probably wait for the GSM device on AT&T and, hopefully, the maturing of the product over the next 6-9 months.
    Plus you'll have a sweet HTC Lancaster to check out soon as well. Supposedly AT&T is getting an exclusive on it.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Might pick up that innocase2 combo from Sprint now that I think I'm keeping it and not going back to my Centro.
    I HIGHLY recommend it!
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    The Treo Pro is a very good and solid phone. For those not crazy about the touchscreen movement, the Treo Pro is arguably the best around.

I want a bigger screen as well, but honestly, the front-facing keyboard will be gone. I tell myself that this is a blackberry essentially on winmo, and that's fine with me. With the keyboard shortcuts, I'm navigating very easily on the treo pro. It's fast, and it is absolutely what the Treo 800w should have been. I can actually use the speaker phone, and the battery life is improved, and the thinness is very welcome. It just makes the phone as cool as the blackberries, esp with regards to styling. I actually like the gummy keyboard better than the treo 800w's. Phone quality is better, and the flush screen really makes a difference, even if it's not resistive. I was ready to bail for the Pixie when it comes out, but no longer.
    [Got the innocase combo yester. It is sweet. Was tired of seeing all the iphones running around with those top/bottom thin cases. Hardly any bulk, and the grippy finish is awesome. Much better fit in my ProClip Adjustable holder as well which is nice. Just wish the holster was a face out type, but that's just me.
    QUOTE=gksmithlcw;1680006]I HIGHLY recommend it! [/QUOTE]
    I have same sprint delemma and dont want to downgrade plan to upgrade phone but boy do I want the pre
    I wouldn't be in a rush to get the Pre. Lots of bugs and kinks to work out especially i f you're a business user. Easy to wait three months and see how it's shaping up.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    Here's some food for thought based on Palm's history:

Early adopters are ALWAYS the beta testers. It takes a good 6-8 months before things are fixed by Palm/Carrier on a new device. Same was true for the iPhone.

My suggestion: Be patient and content with what you have and let the kinks work out with the ones who HAVE to have it first, and then in Dec/Jan, take a 2nd look at it. I just bought my Pro and have no interest in the Pre; my Pro is functional for what I need. I don't need to jump ship just because something seemingly better has come out. That's not wise for anything in life.

Just some thoughts.
    Thanks! You just saved me some typing
    However it is going back tomorrow. I'm going to swap it for a Treo Pro. There is NO way that the Pre would last two years. I've read one too many posts on the Pre forum about cracked screens and the like.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tpthomastt View Post
    I really wanted a reason to switch to the Pre. And, agreeing with others who have pointed out the less than optimal "features" yet to be delivered by Palm, I'm not going to leave my contract-free status with AT&T for the Sprint Pre. I'll probably wait for the GSM device on AT&T and, hopefully, the maturing of the product over the next 6-9 months.
    I agree with everything you said, sticking with the Pro for the time being..
    Last edited by bdpatt; 06/24/2009 at 05:02 PM. Reason: forgot to quote earlier message
    After a week with the Pre, I had to face facts. I couldn't convince myself that the Pre was all that and a bag of chips. No OTA audio downloads, too few apps at this time, highly limited configuration options. I didn't realize how great the Treo Pro was until I went back to it. Rock solid build quality, front facing qwerty keyboard (I couldn't get used to a slider like I thought I would), removable mass storage (I have a 16GB microSD card), longer battery life (1650mAh Seidio OEM size extended battery), video capture, voice recording, tethering capability, a highly informative Today screen, doc and spreadsheet editing, better media player options (I use Kinoma), and syncing of categorized tasks and memos -- local or OTA.

I'm more excited to be back to the Treo Pro now than I was about the Pre the day after I got it.
    wow, well said Gameboy70; it's nice to see all the little pros laid out like that for the TP amd WM in general.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Gameboy70, thanks for the update..you've confirmed a lot of my concerns..I also have 16GB SD in my TP, can't really think about reducing storage capacity..
    Staying with the Pro for SERO
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopsbwc34 View Post
    Staying with the Pro for SERO
    Sprint replaced my screwed up 800w with a Treo Pro about a month ago. I was glad for the upgrade but kind of bummed that it would be hard for me to justify springing for a Pre. After a month with the Treo Pro, I'm very pleased with it and have no desire for a Pre. There are still things about WM I don't like (I don't understand how they can use smaller fonts and still fit less information on the screen than the Palm OS), but as I spend more time with it and get it customized for my needs, it kind of grows on me. The Treo Pro has every feature I need with decent battery life to boot, I'll be keeping this one for a while. That being said, I don't think WM is a good operating system for a casual user. I do wish Palm would advertise this phone more instead of the Pre only. I'd like to see it stick around for a while.
    Just ran into a friend of mine last night who purchased a Pre, he was previously using a Centro. He confirmed what I suspected, the Pre has some really cool features but it still is a work in progress. He went as far to say that he preferred his Centro. He loved the browser on the Pre and loved the multitasking. But, the PIM apps were pretty basic. The other thing is that is definitely a 2 handed phone. I like the fact that I can do almost everything with one hand one the Treo Pro. There are a few apps that require the stylus in spots, but they are not ones I use on a regular basis.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mwrob View Post
    Just ran into a friend of mine last night who purchased a Pre, he was previously using a Centro. He confirmed what I suspected, the Pre has some really cool features but it still is a work in progress. He went as far to say that he preferred his Centro. He loved the browser on the Pre and loved the multitasking. But, the PIM apps were pretty basic. The other thing is that is definitely a 2 handed phone. I like the fact that I can do almost everything with one hand one the Treo Pro. There are a few apps that require the stylus in spots, but they are not ones I use on a regular basis.
    I've had my treo pro for about 7 months, I don't think I've used the stylus up to 20 times. Key stroke shortcuts and D pad is just totally functional, I hope palm releases a webos device with a D pad and adds keyboard shortcuts as well.
    I am also holding onto my GSM Unlocked Treo Pro. For me this is the best windows mobile device that offers all the things I must have, not necessarily the things I want.

* Front facing QWERTY - must have for me!
    * GPS using co pilot, with no monthly cost.
    * Unlocked GSM, my phone work pays for the line.
    * D-Pad, what a really useful invention that dpad!
    * Red & Green phone keys that are alone as they are possible the 2 most important keys on the phone. Anyone ever try to press them without looking, not as easy on the majority of windows mobile phones.
    * Hard keys for start, ok, calendar, email are just great for me.
    * Programmable hard keys.
    * Using the Mugen 1800 battery and it get me 1.5-2 days on gsm (not 3g).

Other comments
    * Very slick for being windows mobile and functional.
    * I like the Treo 750 keypad better but this is minor for everything else.
    * I am very excited about the long term potential for WebOS.
    * I may check out the Pre GSM.
    * I would like a WebOS Version of the Treo Pro (hmmm)
    * Would love a better browser and notification experience then Windows Mobile but I will wait for now.

Regards
    graylion
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234