1.    #1  
    When I speak to someone they can't hear me, when I turn on sound & notifications No Sound comes out of my speaker. I woke up turned my STP on & this is what I woke up to. I SRST, no change, I backed-up & HRST, no change. Does anybody have any ideas what happenned & how to fix it?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I now have this problem with my Treo Pro. No speaker during calls, testing tones or playing music.. The only time there is sound from the phone is during a Soft Reset when the PALM logo appears.. Bluetooth and wired headsets still work.

Any thoughts??
  3.    #3  
    When this happened to me, I Srst, then Hrst, didn't work. I'm not saying you can do this but I then pulled my battery & let the Pro sit for a couple of days, then I put the battery back in, Hrst & it came back to life & I've not had any more trouble like that again, actually I'm writing w/that Pro now. Just some feedback as to what I did.
    This happened to me once and then I realized I needed to turn off the blutetooth headset that I left on in my car outside my office.
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBiz View Post
    This happened to me once and then I realized I needed to turn off the blutetooth headset that I left on in my car outside my office.
    LOL

I do that ALL of the time...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBiz View Post
    Quick question, did you installed yet the bluetooth patch?
    If you installed the bluetooth patch and your phone is 1.04 version it will mess it up and cause this issue. Ask me how I know. The bluetooth patch is not needed on the 1.04 version.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Escape II View Post
    If you installed the bluetooth patch and your phone is 1.04 version it will mess it up and cause this issue. Ask me how I know. The bluetooth patch is not needed on the 1.04 version.
    Thanks for the ideas. BT Patch is installed over firmware 1.01 (GSM unlocked Treo Pro). Have definitely turned off BT devices to figure this out.

I tried uninstalling the BT patch just for kicks, no change. Phone does ring only for incoming calls, no sound for incoming SMS. Still no speaker for playing tones in "Sounds & Notifications", or using Ptunes/Kinoma. The phone appears to behave as if it thinks there is a headset plugged in the jack when there is none.
  9.    #9  
    Not sure if can do this, but fixing mine when I did this I HRSt, then left my Pro off w/no battery in it & then after a couple of days, then put the bttery back in it HRST again & then my Pro worked.
    This may sound goofy but I still think you have to teach these smartphones to be smart.
    Just give it a rest & then start your Pro back up like it's new all over again. Good Luck.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    ....Just give it a rest & then start your Pro back up like it's new all over again. Good Luck.
    Thanks cscoot03... I did see your recommendation from an earlier post...I will try this. I still have my Treo 680 which I can use while the Treo Pro is taking a rest..
  11.    #11  
    bdpatt, is your Pro working? I have extra's so let me know.
    Any major issue = Hard Reset. Sux I know but that's what Sprite Backup is for.

Install programs one at a time and test to see if one is causing a conflict.

Quick way to hard reset. Works on CDMA Sprint not sure on GSM, but probably.

Soft reset while holding in the red end key. Press up on the Palm D pad when prompted.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    bdpatt, is your Pro working? I have extra's so let me know.
    Actually spoke with Palm today, they had me delete all Bluetooth devices and then perform Hard Reset (I had done several HRSTs before) ... Still no change - they're sending a replacement. Thanks for all the advice.