Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Silly question I know, but is there any way to quickly tell which apps are installed in an external card vs. internal memory? I am in the process of upgrading to a 16GB card. My plan is to do a straight data dump from my existing 8GB into the 16GB but I suspect a few apps will not like that, so my plan of attack is to uninstall those first, do the swap, then reinstall. The problem is that I just don't remember which apps I installed externally and which internally
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    You could just look under the directory \Program Files on the storage card. That'll list what is installed there.

Another way is to pop out the card and soft reset. When WM looks for the program icons for the programs on the SD, it won't find them and you'll get funky generic icons instead...and of course the links won't work to launch the app.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Thanks for the heads up Mal!

A follow up question would be, can I just copy verbatim the files I have in my 8gb card into the new 16gb, and expect the programs installed in the card to work without a hitch if I in fact don't uninstall them previously?
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo15 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Mal!

A follow up question would be, can I just copy verbatim the files I have in my 8gb card into the new 16gb, and expect the programs installed in the card to work without a hitch if I in fact don't uninstall them previously?
    Yes. :-)
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    good news all around. I am going through this to expand my available storage to try out sync'ing my Treo to my iTunes collection, which nears 8gb of non-DRM music...