Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I am trying to figure out which launcher to get for my Treo Pro. I tried Mobile Shell but that seems to be a little overkill. I am running PocketBreeze and want one that will be a tab in the program. I dig SBSH's Ilauncher (just concerned since it hasn't been updated in a year and a half) and was looking at Elecont launcher as well as Ultimate launch. Would like to hear anyone's opinion. Thanks
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcd78 View Post
    I am trying to figure out which launcher to get for my Treo Pro. I tried Mobile Shell but that seems to be a little overkill. I am running PocketBreeze and want one that will be a tab in the program. I dig SBSH's Ilauncher (just concerned since it hasn't been updated in a year and a half) and was looking at Elecont launcher as well as Ultimate launch. Would like to hear anyone's opinion. Thanks

I use Elecont Launcher,it's not great,but it's good enough for me.
    I'll be using UltimateLaunch. I swear by it.... LOL
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I am using Elecont Launcher. It's pretty simple, but it gets the job done (with negligible impact on memory or battery) and has plenty of customizing options.
    I use two.

My app launcher is Scott Siegelman's "Launcher":
    http://www.scottandmichelle.net/scot...f/launcher.zip
    It is VGA aware and simple. It does what you want with no wasted screen space.

I also use cLaunch
    cLaunch
    for all of my speed dials icons. I like it because it allows for more flexibility in icon placement and today panel integration.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I use SPB Pocket Plus (the new beta for Wm 6.1) - The safe mode feature alone has saved my bacon a on more than one occasion, plus it integrates nicely with SPB Weather, and SPB Insight, and SPB Diary. I have everything running inside Pocket Plus tabs.
    I'm using Manila 2D as my interface. That has a launcher page that can be configured for up to 45 apps, plus access to the regular app menu.
    Here's another vote for Elecont. I use the whole package, enabling me, not only to set up a couple rows to launch apps, but to also place a row of contacts, as well as using a third row to monitor battery and memory and to close apps.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Thanks for the replies. With Elecont and Ultimatelaunch can you setup up tabs with groups of programs in each tab. Also can you set and icon to sms or call a specific person? Those are a couple of the features I dig with Ilauncher just have some screen issues with it. Thanks again for the help.
    Thanks for the replies. With Elecont and Ultimatelaunch can you setup up tabs with groups of programs in each tab. Also can you set and icon to sms or call a specific person? Those are a couple of the features I dig with Ilauncher just have some screen issues with it. Thanks again for the help.
    With UL, you can do both of these, although calling requires an additional (very small) application that is free to download.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    looks like i'll speak up and represent iLauncher. I chose it 'cause back in the day my pocketpc always seemed to run better with it vs. spb pocket plus. its task manager is more functional than the HTC one as well.

my current implementation is (screenshot)

Right now i have each icon as a tab for more icons (main apps, secondary apps, system apps, and gps apps)
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
    doubleu,

I just ordered my Palm Pro so I don't have it as yet, but I like the clock and the status icons on the sides showing mail, sms, and voicemail counts in your screenshot.

I haven't seen that in any screenshots I've seen so far. Is that a 3rd party Today screen plugin and if so, can you tell me what it is?
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    wm task/launcher... ulauncher looks intersting but not free...haven't looked at elecont or ilauncher yet
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    doubleau,

how did you make that today screen from your screenshot? I am thinking the same thing dleewo is. Especially with the counters.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I've been using SPB Mobile Shell 3 for a bit and really like it. Yes it is basically a complete overhaul of the WM6.1 front end but that's why I like it. I've had no issues with it since they updated to 3.01 (except for Profile settings don't work but I don't use them anyway) and if you tell it to update the weather only when docked (you can update manually whenever) the battery on the TP lasts forever. The weather app constantly checking as well as syncing e-mail too often were battery killers.
    I really really really lol like ulauncher

Current Device: Treo Pro

Devices: Palm m100 -> Palm m505 -> Toshiba E330 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p ->Treo 700wx -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch Pro
    just wondering the best place to download SPB Mobile Shell 3.01?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hookemtreopro View Post
    just wondering the best place to download SPB Mobile Shell 3.01?
    spbsoftwarehouse.com

Another vote for Mobile Shell - it also integrates nicely with SPB Phone Suite for profile management, SPB Weather (better than the stock weather functionality in Mobile Shell), and SBSH Calendar Touch.
    so what's the final verdict? will it freeze up???? many say it doesnt work well and uses up too much memory, any tips on how to avoid this. how much memory is enough so freezing doesnt occur, and can i load it to my memory card instead?
    sorry it took me awhile to reply, i thought i had subscribed to this thread, hehe

Quote Originally Posted by dleewo View Post
    doubleu,

I just ordered my Palm Pro so I don't have it as yet, but I like the clock and the status icons on the sides showing mail, sms, and voicemail counts in your screenshot.

I haven't seen that in any screenshots I've seen so far. Is that a 3rd party Today screen plugin and if so, can you tell me what it is?
    It's the 'FlippedOut320' skin for phoneAlarm

doubleau,

how did you make that today screen from your screenshot? I am thinking the same thing dleewo is. Especially with the counters.
    From top to bottom it's Phonealarm with the FlippedOut320 skin (links above), WeatherPanel with a custom layout I made, and iLauncher (icons)
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast