Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hookemtreopro View Post
    so what's the final verdict? will it freeze up???? many say it doesnt work well and uses up too much memory, any tips on how to avoid this. how much memory is enough so freezing doesnt occur, and can i load it to my memory card instead?
    All I can say is that is has worked well for me (no freezing or lagging) in the week that I have had my Treo Pro. I haven't really tweaked the install very much. I have it installed on my device with several other programs.
    It automatically installs to your device. No option to install to Storage Card.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    doubleu,

Thanks for posting the details, looks awesome on the Treo!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I still haven't been able to decide on a launcher from this thread. I'm looking for something that (1) can nest today plugins (2) can launch programs (3) can launch a contact/call by icon (4)has an sms/missed call counter (5) can launch a website directly

Anything come close to that?

Unfortunately my treo pro is stuck at my local post office for the weekend, or I'd be trying each of these applications myself.

TIA
    Last edited by fulanit01; 07/04/2009 at 12:39 PM.
    Anyone know of a dead simple, free/open source launcher?

I liked cLauncher, but it works sporadically at best. the launcher from Scott Siegelman gives me the "this is not a valid ppc application" error when I try to install it.

I just want a simple icon based app launcher that'll work on the home screen without frills, bells, whistles.

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by twofish View Post

I liked cLauncher, but it works sporadically at best. the launcher from Scott Siegelman gives me the "this is not a valid ppc application" error when I try to install it.

I just want a simple icon based app launcher that'll work on the home screen without frills, bells, whistles.

Any ideas?

Ultimate launcher

Or

SPB Pocket Plus
    Current Device: Treo Pro

Devices: Palm m100 -> Palm m505 -> Toshiba E330 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p ->Treo 700wx -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch Pro
    Thanks chocmatic, but neither of those are free.
    Quote Originally Posted by twofish View Post

Any ideas?
    Siegelman's launcher comes as an executable that you run on your PC and it will install the cab on your handheld. I use it and cLaunch both for different things. Siegelman's is what you are looking for.

Out of curiosity, what do you find sporadic about cLaunch?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Does the ultimatelaunch creator have any plans to make the program vga aware? (the site is tough to navigate) It's my fav so far due to the nested today plugins.
    Launch Manager from Fantastic Bytes is a nice one. It can launch programs, speed dials, urls, setting, etc. It can be linked to the Start button, in which case it simply replaces the Start menu. The current beta adds a lot of nice features.

Quote Originally Posted by rouxdoo View Post
    Siegelman's launcher comes as an executable that you run on your PC and it will install the cab on your handheld. I use it and cLaunch both for different things. Siegelman's is what you are looking for.

Out of curiosity, what do you find sporadic about cLaunch?
    I really liked the heck out of cLaunch for the moment it worked. But after a reinstall, it hasn't worked since. If I could get it to work again, I'd love to use it.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I just tried claunch yesterday and my device froze three times (all while navigating the options screen). I'm guessing most of you run it under realvga? i'm not quite ready to try that yet, and only seeing 10% of the options screen is a deal breaker.
    Go ahead and try realvga - you won't be sorry. Don't bother with cLaunch unless you are.

Did you get Sielgelman's going? From what you said you wanted this is really what you are after.
    rou, I ended up getting cLaunch to work. Diggin it now.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I've decided on ultimatelaunch, but would anyone be kind enough to navigate me to the option to place tabs on the bottom of the screen rather than the top? Keep in mind i may be navigating blind as i'm not using realvga at this time. TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by fulanit01 View Post
    I've decided on ultimatelaunch, but would anyone be kind enough to navigate me to the option to place tabs on the bottom of the screen rather than the top? Keep in mind i may be navigating blind as i'm not using realvga at this time. TIA
    here you go
    Current Device: Treo Pro

Devices: Palm m100 -> Palm m505 -> Toshiba E330 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p ->Treo 700wx -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch Pro
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Second for launch manager. Simple and very useful. I never did like launchers that had to take you back to the today screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by fulanit01 View Post
    Does the ultimatelaunch creator have any plans to make the program vga aware? (the site is tough to navigate) It's my fav so far due to the nested today plugins.
    I've had sporadic communication with him and the last I heard was that he planned on making it square-screen compatible but that he did not know when it would be done...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    what about mortbuttons ? another might be resco today plugin ?
    Thanks
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12