1.    #1  
    Can anyone recommend an app to rotate the treo pro screen? RotateMe.exe is not working, I have .net installed.

Thanks!
    Why do you need to rotate a square screen?
  3.    #3  
    charging while sitting on my dashboard using sprint gps.
    charging when watching mlb.tv (dont want to hold it for 3 hours)
    charging while watching movies / slingbox.

pretty much every time you want to put the device down, prop it up against something, and charge while in use.

why they put the charging port on the bottom is beyond me, didn't they read the pro,s when the moto q was released...
    There must be a registry setting for this I would imagine. Something to do with screen orientation.
    Devices: Blackberry 7130, 8130, 8330, HTC Touch Pro, Treo 600, 700wx, Pro, Palm Pre
    I found the registry key, let me write an app and ill post a cab file tonight.

EDIT: I shouldnt speak until I test it, I am using the keys now but the screens not rotating.
    Last edited by CTL Advance; 06/02/2009 at 11:51 AM.
    Devices: Blackberry 7130, 8130, 8330, HTC Touch Pro, Treo 600, 700wx, Pro, Palm Pre
  6.    #6  
    wow, thanks! I'm a Windows systems engineer so if its as simple as changing a reg value to swap the screen, or give back the option to rotate from 'screen' app, I could run /w that if you point me in the right direction.

but I (and I believe others) would be greatful for a .cab. i'v looked everywhere and nothing seems to work to rotate this screen.
    Well as it stands the device has a flg to Hide orientation UI. I assume that removes it from some where.

Let me see if I can force it with an app.
    Quote Originally Posted by cord01 View Post
    charging while sitting on my dashboard using sprint gps.
    charging when watching mlb.tv (dont want to hold it for 3 hours)
    charging while watching movies / slingbox.

pretty much every time you want to put the device down, prop it up against something, and charge while in use.

why they put the charging port on the bottom is beyond me, didn't they read the pro,s when the moto q was released...
    Okay thanks! I've always wondered what purpose rotating a square screen served and now I have finally found out. It makes sense to me now.
    ok so here is what is going on with the treo pro screen rotation.

HTC seems to have disabled the ability to rotate the screen. I have been playing around with my registry :

HKLM/System/GDI/Rotation

thats the key that usually corresponds to rotation. Here is the issue, when I do what would normally change screen rotation, only the dpad is reconfigured. So say rotate 90 degrees, rightwould be up, left down up would now be left.....

However I cant get the screen to rotate.

Any thoughts? Maybe we need a different display driver?
  10.    #10  
    Same thing here; and thank you for looking. With your recommendation I started cracking at the registry keys related to the screen orientation.

I see what you first saw, HKLM\System\GDI\Rotation dword HideOrientationUI. One would think simply changing this to 0 would give us the option back, but no… I would understand if we just didn’t get the GUI back, but we should still see <rotate screen> available as a hardware button, and again no.

I found some info about HKLM\Services\ScreenRotate\, but that key does not even exist. If it did we should see dword ShowIcon. I tried creating the key and ShowIcon=1 and still no luck.

I looked up just HKLM\Services\ dword ScreenRotate, 1; 0 no change at all…

The only progress I made was what you stated, HKLM\System\GDI\Rotation dword Angle. You would assign decimal 0, 90, 180, or 270 for screen rotation respectively. It works fine, for the keyboard layout… but does not change the screen itself (i.e. Angle=90 Left = up, right = down etc.)

I’d go with what you said and blame this on a driver problem. Or we need to get into compact .net which is beyond my technical ability (and rotateMe.exe *.net app* does not work)

Thanks again! I cant be the only one with this need can I?
    Yeah thats all what I found as well and no luck. Either drivers, or needed applications were left out of this device. What we need is a Touch Pro or a Diamand to look at.

And we need to see what dll is used for the display, and if there is any missing software/different versions.

I dont see any reason why we cant rotate the screen. If we have to we can physically rotate it ;-)