1.    #1  
    I tried Agendus on my Treo Pro but, as it is nowhere near as good as the old PalmOS version, I uninstalled it. Since then, pressing the contacts button on the today screeen brings up a warning that Agendus cannot be found. So, how do I restore the WinMo contacts app as my default contact application?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenlcroucher View Post
    I tried Agendus on my Treo Pro but, as it is nowhere near as good as the old PalmOS version, I uninstalled it. Since then, pressing the contacts button on the today screeen brings up a warning that Agendus cannot be found. So, how do I restore the WinMo contacts app as my default contact application?
    Do you mean the soft key 'contacts' button?

To fix that you will need a registry editor like the one that comes with Resco FIle Explorer.

Go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/ SOFTWARE/ MICROSOFT/ TODAY/ KEYS/

you will see two folders in there called '112' and '113'

112 is the left soft key and 113 is the right soft key. You can change your soft keys to whatever app you want! Open the folder of the one you want to change (whichever one you have contacts on)

You will see two Registry Keys in there:

Default and Open. Click on Default, Do NOT change the 'Name' leave it as Default. Change String to whatever you want the button to say.... you can even call it Contacts or whatever you want (My Peeps for example lol) Then click Done and accept changes.

Go into Open now.... SAme thing do not change the Name. Point the String to the location of the app you want the soft key to open. If contacts it's usually in windows/contcats.exe SAme thing click done then exit the registry editor. You might need to soft reset for changes to apply.

You can use this to change your soft keys however you want to. I put MSN Messenger for example on one of them.
  3.    #3  
    Excellent! Thanks for your help.

I used CERegEditor on my PC via ActiveSync to edit the registry entries.