Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    I'm about to buy another STP, but then I realized the Pre is coming out on Friday. What are the chances that we see a substantial price drop due to people wanting to buy the Pre? How about those getting the Pre and dropping the STP?

    Think it will be substantial or is the 175$ floor pretty steady?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by jammasterjake View Post
    I'm about to buy another STP, but then I realized the Pre is coming out on Friday. What are the chances that we see a substantial price drop due to people wanting to buy the Pre? How about those getting the Pre and dropping the STP?

    Think it will be substantial or is the 175$ floor pretty steady?
    I honestly don't know. $175.00 is a good price, but it may indeed drop is people push to get rid of old phones. I guess you could wait a week and find out?
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  3. #3  
    Since the STP just came out a couple of months ago....I doubt if there will be a large number of people dumping them for the Pre and paying full price for it.
  4. #4  
    Wrong. Just saw a STP listed on Craigslist here in San Diego for $150 a day or so ago. So yes, I think the rush for Pre is on!
  5. #5  
    For those who don't want to change their plans for the Pre won't be ditching the Pro for it. The Pro is very much affordable these days. It will drop even further has new devices hit. The Snap and Pre are coming on Sunday which will be the first round of price decreases.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by fktoss View Post
    Wrong. Just saw a STP listed on Craigslist here in San Diego for $150 a day or so ago. So yes, I think the rush for Pre is on!
    I just sold mine for $150 on Craigslist here in Portland. I switched to a BB so didn't want it laying around. The going price here has been in the $190 to $220 area but I would also expect it to drop when newer phones hit the market.

    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  7. #7  
    I don't like what I'm hearing...

    I'm selling a brand new Pro for a friend and am looking to get $220 or so...
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!


    Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by robin24k View Post
    I don't like what I'm hearing...

    I'm selling a brand new Pro for a friend and am looking to get $220 or so...
    it's possible but the average is $175 and it is not uncommon to get it for $150 now...
  9. #9  
    I have seen a few being sold here in GA for about $200. I got mine free basically from sprint. I just have to pay the taxes on it.

Posting Permissions