1.    #1  
    Right now, my Toshiba tablet laptop is replacing a dead desktop. And my road warrior stuff is done on an Asus Eee 1000HE. For awhile, when I had software issues that turned out to stem from a slowly dying memory card, both machines would only connect if I had the "Enable advanced network capability" box unchecked. Since replacing the microsd card, the Toshiba connects fine with the box checked, but the Asus still only recognizes the phone connection if the box is unchecked. How do I fix that?
  2.    #2  
    BUMP -- I do want an answer, if there is one.
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    Right now, my Toshiba tablet laptop is replacing a dead desktop. And my road warrior stuff is done on an Asus Eee 1000HE. For awhile, when I had software issues that turned out to stem from a slowly dying memory card, both machines would only connect if I had the "Enable advanced network capability" box unchecked. Since replacing the microsd card, the Toshiba connects fine with the box checked, but the Asus still only recognizes the phone connection if the box is unchecked. How do I fix that?
    May I ask the stupid question?

Does the Toshiba still work when the box is unchecked?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster View Post
    May I ask the stupid question?

Does the Toshiba still work when the box is unchecked?
    The Toshiba works either way, except when the box is unchecked only MobileR, PDAnet & file transfers work. With the box checked, I get full sync capability & the Redfly Viewer works, along with the rest.

And, no, that wasn't a stupid question.

The Asus does not seem to want to connect if the box is checked. I even uninstalled Activesync on the Asus, rebooted both Eee & phone, reinstalled Activesync, rebooted Eee, no change.

My next thought is to add more RAM & remove some of the "unnecessary" startup stuff. I've added things like firewall & AV software to the mix. Possibly that's bringing usable memory to the point where Activesync can't function fully?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    The Asus does not seem to want to connect if the box is checked. I even uninstalled Activesync on the Asus, rebooted both Eee & phone, reinstalled Activesync, rebooted Eee, no change.

My next thought is to add more RAM & remove some of the "unnecessary" startup stuff. I've added things like firewall & AV software to the mix. Possibly that's bringing usable memory to the point where Activesync can't function fully?
    So much for next thoughts. All it took was deleting the sync profile on the Asus & recreating it. Everything works well, now.