1.    #1  
    Please help!!

My Treo 800w was acting a bit strangely (Bluetooth not working in car, text messages coming through as number instead of name, etc.), so I pulled the battery out to reboot it, and now it won't boot back up. The palm splash screen shows up, and the bar at the bottom gets about 1/4 of the way through and then it just freezes! I don't know what else to try except a hard reset, but really don't want to do that because I have a lot of data on the Treo that I don't want to lose. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there any way to dump the data somehow? Any ideas are welcome!!

Thanks!

- Marc
    Other than attempting to flash it (I believe you are at the boot screen), then it is probably in need of replacement. If you are speaking of saving the data in RAM, nope at this stage. An excellent reason for a device based backup application that backs up to the card.
    Well you might be able to just walk your 800w into a Sprint store and get a Treo Pro as a warranty replacement . See this thread.

I remember the great work you did for us regarding the Treo 800w GPS issue. And you probably already know, the Treo Pro has true stand alone and assisted GPS functionality. So perhaps this may have some sort of happy ending for you.
    I know this probably isn't likely since you said you pulled the battery but do you have it connected to your computer when you try to boot it?

Only time I get stuck like that on a reset is if it is hooked to my computer. I have to remember to disconnect it before my weekly backup or I wake up to it being stuck.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Well you might be able to just walk your 800w into a Sprint store and get a Treo Pro as a warranty replacement . See this thread.

I remember the great work you did for us regarding the Treo 800w GPS issue. And you probably already know, the Treo Pro has true stand alone and assisted GPS functionality. So perhaps this may have some sort of happy ending for you.
    Thanks for the reply, and thank you to everyone else who replied as well. Unfortunately, the device ended up being totally bricked. And stupid me - I hadn't backed up for months...I'm an *****!

Anyway, after some back and forth with Palm and Sprint, I was able to get a brand new 800w from a sprint repair center in NYC (this actually couldn't have come at a worse time, as the day it died, I was in the hospital with my mother who is recovering from major spine surgery!). Now I just have to find the time to rebuild it!