1.    #1  
    This is the reason I was HEARTBROKEN when I saw the Pre had no IR and no Mem card. Anyway, I need some help from you guys.

There are a few times during the day that I need to transfer files back and forth from the work tablet PC, to my Pro (among other things). Most of the time they are picture files from my tablet, to the Pro, to send VIA email to the corporate office. If it seems like it would be much easier to send VIA the tablet, you would be correct, but I work on the road most of the day and my cheap company won't pay for a wireless card. Anyway, most of the time I just use my SD card. Quick and effective. Problem is that besides my battery door becoming crazy loose, I lost my mini - full size adapter and can't find my spares I plan on getting another, but I need to figure something out in the meantime for tomorrow.

My tablet PC has WiFi for internet, Bluetooth, IR and USB. Carrying a data cable is not an option, just simply don't have the pockets and I am on the move too much. I tried to do a Bluetooth connection today, but stupid windows will only allow the tablet to send OUT via bluetooth, not receive. I then tried IR, but I could not get the Pro to see the tablet, even with the ports touching (assuming the IR is under the WiFi button). I checked the tablet settings under Wireless Link, and allow transfers via beam was turned on. I also tried another tablet, and it would not connect either. I than tried to create a wireless WIFI network between the two devices, but I think I was too flustered or dumb at this point to get it working.

You guys have any ideas? Maybe something simple with the IR that I couldn't figure out? Ideally I would like to use bluetooth, but I am not sure that is an option since the tablet settings only said "allow tablet to receive picture files via bluetooth" and nothing else(again, I need to send OUT from tablet).

Thanks.
    If you are to have both devices (the tablet and the Pro) on the same WiFi network, you could setup a network share (dropbox) on the tablet. From there you could use the File Explorer (on the Pro) to connect to the tablet's shared folder (the network share).
    Palm Vx -> Treo 700p (Death by MR Update to 1.10) -> Treo 755p (Blue) -> Treo Pro with Sapphire Blue Innocase
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by redline122 View Post
    If you are to have both devices (the tablet and the Pro) on the same WiFi network, you could setup a network share (dropbox) on the tablet. From there you could use the File Explorer (on the Pro) to connect to the tablet's shared folder (the network share).
    Thanks. Unfortunately internet is not available 95% of the day, so unless I can make a WiFi network between the two devices with no actual internet, I don't think that's an option.
    There should be no problem using your BT. Have you setup desktop ActiveSync yet? The easiest way is to first establish the connection with the cable, its possible to first establish it via BT but it more complicated.
    The Treo Pro has the desktop ActiveSync software preloaded, just plug it in and follow the on screen instructions.

Then Bluetooth:
    You’ll need to pair your tablet and device, but it sounds like you already know how to do that.
    Next you’ll need to open desktop ActiveSync first select File -> Connection Settings. You’ll see an option “allow connections to one of the following” and its likely unchecked. Check it and select your tablets BT COMM port. If you don’t know which COMM port, without getting into much technical detail, your best bet is trial and error

Then, from the device open activesync and select Menu -> Connect via Bluetooth. The desktop will warn you that “device is trying to connect using COMM X” I’d put a check in the “always allow this connection”
    Once activesync connects you can browse and transfer files to the device. The shortcut is under my computer -> mobile device.
    If you have BT paired between your PC and your Pro you should have no trouble transferring files both directions. Make sure you enable OBEX File Transfer on both.

If it isn't working, delete the pairing and retry, enabling everything along the way.
    Because I am often lazy I often email the data to my GoogleMail and then read the mail on the receiving device.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2