Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 68
  1. kronium's Avatar
    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
       #1  
    Hot from a Sprint Service tech. Can someone verify for me that it's actually the 1.03 to 1.04 upgrade. Going to purchase an Ebay special, but wanted to make sure I had the update first. If it's what we're looking for, enjoy!


    UPDATE: It's the official release!

    http://www.sendspace.com/file/gzg5u7

    or

    http://www.crozb.com/SkyWriter_1.12I..._Treo_PRO_.exe
    Last edited by kronium; 05/29/2009 at 03:23 AM.
  2. #2  
    You totally Rock!

    I sure hope it's it.

    Thanks so Much!
    Just call me Berd.
  3. #3  
    84 megabytes?! Well, I shall try and update with my results. Of course I'll virus scan this sucker first.

    Update 1: OK, scanned it, virus free. Now I'll see what it does...

    Update 2: It's going! (see attachment) There's a progress bar that's going on my phone as well.

    Update 3: The update finished, now it's going through first time setup stuff, like it's brand new. (see 2nd attachment too)

    Final update: Houston, we have 1.04!!!

    Amazing! Thank you so much for posting this!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TweeterMan; 05/28/2009 at 04:53 PM.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by TweeterMan View Post
    84 megabytes?! Well, I shall try and update with my results. Of course I'll virus scan this sucker first.

    Update 1: OK, scanned it, virus free. Now I'll see what it does...
    Thanks for being our guinea pig.
    Just call me Berd.
  5. #5  
    hmmm wonder if it will work on my AllTel 1.03???


  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozB View Post
    hmmm wonder if it will work on my AllTel 1.03???


    I'd think your phone would at least brick or something, since this update is for Sprint. That's my educated guess, anyway.
  7. #7  
    I wonder what impact, if any this .exe will have have on the possibility of custom roms
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by TweeterMan View Post
    I'd think your phone would at least brick or something, since this update is for Sprint. That's my educated guess, anyway.
    Ah what the hell... I am trying it. Will advise.

    -D
  9. #9  
    Good deal! Wow, somebody alert Juicy over at ppcgeeks... we now have a means of flashing!

    Code:
    Directory of C:\Temp\SkyWriter_1.12I.E.S1_PO134__Treo_PRO_
    
    05/28/2009  02:58 PM    <DIR>          .
    05/28/2009  02:58 PM    <DIR>          ..
    02/05/2009  02:51 AM                28 customize.cfg
    11/29/2006  01:36 PM             6,648 EnterBootloader.exe
    09/12/2008  10:23 AM            47,872 ErrorBattery.fig
    09/12/2008  10:23 AM            47,924 ErrorUSB.fig
    09/12/2008  10:23 AM           213,864 ModelID.fig
    10/19/2007  04:09 PM           172,032 rapitool.exe
    09/12/2008  10:52 AM        27,271,043 README.doc
    10/20/2008  05:44 PM                32 ROMUpdateUtility.cfg
    10/20/2008  04:42 PM         1,499,136 ROMUpdateUtility.exe
    07/27/2007  10:20 PM            11,256 RUUGetInfo.exe
    07/23/2007  07:46 PM         1,445,888 RUUResource.dll
    02/05/2009  02:48 AM       146,817,340 ruu_signed.nbh
                  12 File(s)    177,533,063 bytes
                   2 Dir(s)   6,183,809,024 bytes free
  10. #10  
    Just call me Berd.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozB View Post
    hmmm wonder if it will work on my AllTel 1.03???


    Don't use it on Alltel...you might loose their radio and network customizations and you'll have no way to flash back.
    Quote Originally Posted by kronium View Post
    Hot from a Sprint Service tech. Can someone verify for me that it's actually the 1.03 to 1.04 upgrade. Going to purchase an Ebay special, but wanted to make sure I had the update first. If it's what we're looking for, enjoy!

    RapidShare: Easy Filehosting
    I knew it was a matter of time, great work!

    Article on WME will be up soon...

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  12. #12  
    Bigger Pics - Thanks TweeterMan

    Just call me Berd.
  13. #13  
    OK I took the plunge with my AllTel TreoPro and it worked perfectly. I was a little scared after the first reboot when it looked like it was hanging about 50% of the way through the application install. However it continued and worked fine.

    The big issue with 1.03 on AllTel was the memory. No matter what it would only ever show Apx. 20MB available for running Programs. As a result it would auto shut down programs from time to time. However, after updating to this ROM, that has been boosted to 40+MB

    -D
  14. #14  
    Hello!
    please can any one email me the 1.04 update the rapidshare link dont work any more
    beachboy223 at hotmail.com

    Thank you very much Rene
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozB View Post
    OK I took the plunge with my AllTel TreoPro and it worked perfectly. I was a little scared after the first reboot when it looked like it was hanging about 50% of the way through the application install. However it continued and worked fine.

    The big issue with 1.03 on AllTel was the memory. No matter what it would only ever show Apx. 20MB available for running Programs. As a result it would auto shut down programs from time to time. However, after updating to this ROM, that has been boosted to 40+MB

    -D
    Hey! Maybe it isn't so device specific like the Official Releases.

    Edit: CDMA only, of course.
    Just call me Berd.
  16. #16  
    FYI

    SPB Backup restored all my apps, settings, exchange password, GPS etc over this new ROM just fine. Everything is works as before including my syncing.

    -D
  17. #17  
    Here is a mirror you can download from at least temporally:
    My Web Site

    If you download from here please thanks me.
    If it doesnít work I donít want to hear about it

    -D
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozB View Post
    FYI

    SPB Backup restored all my apps, settings, exchange password, GPS etc over this new ROM just fine. Everything is works as before including my syncing.

    -D
    Usually, you don't want to do a full backup restore after a Rom Upgrade.
    It had all it's own settings that you just over wrote with your restore.

    Edit:
    But if all is well, Good
    Just call me Berd.
  19. #19  
    Link doesn't work for me.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Link doesn't work for me.
    Which one? The mirror I just posted (2 post above) I just tested and is working.

    -D
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions