Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Seems you assume I'm talking to you or that I care about your soap box. I'm not, I don't and your question is your own.
    It's an open forum and I'll respond to whomever, whenever especially when I see naivete or speculation put forth as fact regardless if they "care" :-P
    Here's someone's take on the update.
    All the problems I was having wth recalled 1.03 disappeared with 1.04.

The exact same programs in combination no longer freeze the Pro. I can see for a fact that I have more memory remaining, up to 10 mb with the same programs. The 1.04 gave me not just more memory after boot, but seems to handle the memory available better. Looks like a fix of a memory leak.

Googling I see no claims of 1.04 freezing.

I went to a Sprint offical repair facility. Not all stores do repairs. It took me qite about of time with Sprint tech support for them to set this up.

Many things are improved. Reception improved. OTA updates thgat would not work at all now work. Programs run better. More memory remains. All facts.

Sprint tech told me that recall and update involved over ten fixes from small to important between 1.03 and 1.04.

I called Alltel and they say there's are 1.04 Perhaps there are recalled Alltels being sold by scam artists on eBay as well?
    Aero, I know you said "probably", so there never was any statement made as factual on your part, but you might have estimated a little low .
    An unrepeatable anecdote from a single user sure leaves a lot to be desired as evidence, especially since there are dozens of other tales of people noticing zero change with the update.

Was hoping you'd do better.

Fact remains, the only change that is agreed upon is in regards to memory.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Apologies in advance for a n00b question:

I'm assuming I need to run the .exe from my PC, connected via USB to the phone? Do I need any other software installed on my PC to make the connection?
    The update has for sure helped me. I have received zero missed calls, have not performed any type of reset due to freezing and everything seems to be working flawlessly since the update. This is huge in my book. I think we can all agree an 84MB update file wasn't created to do nothing but gain 2MB.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I have received zero missed calls,
    I'll bet you received zero missed calls before the update too It's the non-reception that's a *****.
    Quote Originally Posted by edbro View Post
    I'll bet you received zero missed calls before the update too It's the non-reception that's a *****.
    Never had reception issue either. Finally I must have received a good Palm unit. Its about time because I went through 4 POS Treo 800's.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by edbro View Post
    Yup and the 1.04 update does nothing to the phone radio firmware (that portion is missing) which is why this hack applies to 1.03 and 1.04s.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I think we can all agree an 84MB update file wasn't created to do nothing but gain 2MB.
    The size of the update is irrelevant. It's a ROM flash, they're all standard. Whether the update fixes one file or five-hundred, the 84mb is a set size for the ROM (give or take a few megabytes).

If they just recompiled the OS, which is all that it looks like they did, then it would be 84mb. Size tells you nothing.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234