Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    just wanted to let everyone (who cares) know I'm back. traded my blackberry curve for the treo pro this morning.

I got a older software version model with the january build date (of course) but at least I'm back.

i did the "missing call" fix with fingers crossed. this was the only reason i left in the first place.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    LOL, Cody you must hold the record for the most number of "I'm back" threads...

No Pre in your future?
    Welcome back!

"celebrate good times... Come On!"
    "It's a Celebration"
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Awesome!
    James

VZW: 700W>700WX>Centro>Samsung Saga> now with Sprint: Touch Pro>Treo Pro>Touch Pro 2
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I don't know why, but I do enjoy following your phone adventures, cody.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    I'm in too. Got my Pro the other day. It is the 1.03 version like yours. Gonna do the "missed call" fix tonight as I got two missed calls today.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Welcome back....

blackberry = crapberry
    Devices: Blackberry 7130, 8130, 8330, HTC Touch Pro, Treo 600, 700wx, Pro, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post

No Pre in your future?
    I think EVERY DEVICE is in Cody's future .

Quote Originally Posted by CTL Advance View Post
    Welcome back....

blackberry = crapberry
    The Treo Pro is a good device, but don't knock the Blackberry. It's very good for what most companies use them for.
    I'm leaning the other way, looking at dumping my Pro for a BB 8330. One big reason is the way it interfaces (or doesn't interface) with my hands free bluetooth in my car. Usually I have to power cycle the radio after every call in order to use it again. At times I initiate a call from the touch screen of the radio, but the phone never wakes up. So far the BB is flawless in that respect. I've got 30 days to try it out before I have to make a decision.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    I'm leaning the other way, looking at dumping my Pro for a BB 8330. One big reason is the way it interfaces (or doesn't interface) with my hands free bluetooth in my car. Usually I have to power cycle the radio after every call in order to use it again. At times I initiate a call from the touch screen of the radio, but the phone never wakes up. So far the BB is flawless in that respect. I've got 30 days to try it out before I have to make a decision.

Ooooohhhh if the Treo Pro had a Hard SPL to unlock it! You would be able to try different Radio ROMs and different device ROMs and see if that would clear it up and keep your Treo Pro.

Palm just needs to let it leak or SOMETHING!

Do you hear me Palm? Toss the hackers a bone for crying out loud.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    That is a big WELCOME BACK... Sure missed your input and contributions all of which are still on my Treo Pro...
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post

No Pre in your future?
    i cant believe you got thanked for that post.

yes i do own every device sprint comes out with. on the first day too. proud of it. always looking for that "next best device". still haven't found it. lol.

NOT GETTING THE PRE. i might have if they weren't making use change are data plans. it would cost me $70 a month more to get in. no phone is worth that. i got a great plan now and dont want to loose it.

thanks for the welcome back everyone.... i think.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Dont forget to find the sticky post on upgrading it to 1.04 upgrade!!
    can anyone point me to the missed calls fix?
    Quote Originally Posted by dstudboy1 View Post
    can anyone point me to the missed calls fix?
    It's a Sticky

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...ing-calls.html
    Just call me Berd.
  16. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Welcome back Codyppc. Looking forward to your posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i cant believe you got thanked for that post.
    lol yeah the nerve of some people, eh?

welcome back!
    NOT GETTING THE PRE. i might have if they weren't making use change are data plans. it would cost me $70 a month more to get in. no phone is worth that. i got a great plan now and dont want to loose it.

That's exactly why I may not get the pre for a while.
    Last edited by makad; 05/29/2009 at 11:19 AM.
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
    If anybody can get a Pre in their hands at the price they want it's you Cody. I expect you to have spent some time with a Pre in your hands before this year ends .
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Ooooohhhh if the Treo Pro had a Hard SPL to unlock it! You would be able to try different Radio ROMs and different device ROMs and see if that would clear it up and keep your Treo Pro.

Palm just needs to let it leak or SOMETHING!

Do you hear me Palm? Toss the hackers a bone for crying out loud.
    I'm not 100% sure it's a Treo Pro problem, it may also be BT problem. I have Kenwood DDX512 with their KTA-200 BT add-on. Kenwood doesn't address the Sprint version directly but says that the GSM version will work, but there are some limitations. The biggest issue I have is getting it to allow me to make several calls in a row, as well as accessing my address book. So far with the BB8330, it works great. My main reason for even getting hands free is the state I live in is getting ready to make hands free devices mandatory as well as making it an offense that you can be pulled over for. I'm going to be paying attention to the Pre forums and see how the BT handsfree works with that phone as well.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast