Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    using this on my phone, messed up my ring and vibrate. anyone else experiancing this?
    I am using Phonex and I have not experienced problems with the ringer or vibrate mode at all. Are you using anything else, such as SPB Mobile Shell? I was using SPB Mobile Shell along with Phonex and I did experience problems with the ringer and vibrate mode, but after I removed Mobile Shell and Phonex, did a hard reset and reinstalled Phonex I have had no further problems. The ringer and vibrate problems Treo Pro users are experiencing with Mobile Shell are well documented on the SPB forums and elsewhere.

Also, what version of Phonex are you using? I am using the latest version, which is 1.4.

I love Phonex and it is by far the best app I have added to my Treo Pro, followed closely by Treo Alert Pro, Pocket Digital Clock and Elecont Launcher. Further, I have found the included Phonex Today Plugin to be a very functional little app and the next best thing to a shell extension.
    I could not install phonex 1.4 0n the TPro....it was disappointing b/c it seemed like a good one....what did you do gmay to get it to work?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmay View Post
    I am using Phonex and I have not experienced problems with the ringer or vibrate mode at all. Are you using anything else, such as SPB Mobile Shell? I was using SPB Mobile Shell along with Phonex and I did experience problems with the ringer and vibrate mode, but after I removed Mobile Shell and Phonex, did a hard reset and reinstalled Phonex I have had no further problems. The ringer and vibrate problems Treo Pro users are experiencing with Mobile Shell are well documented on the SPB forums and elsewhere.

Also, what version of Phonex are you using? I am using the latest version, which is 1.4.

I love Phonex and it is by far the best app I have added to my Treo Pro, followed closely by Treo Alert Pro, Pocket Digital Clock and Elecont Launcher. Further, I have found the included Phonex Today Plugin to be a very functional little app and the next best thing to a shell extension.
    so, if you hardware vibrate switch is on(on vibrate mode) your phone vibrates on incoming calls?
    Yes SPB MS3 (as well as the HTC TOuch skin) are evil! Both apps will mess your sounds/alerts up!
    Quote Originally Posted by drfrog View Post
    I could not install phonex 1.4 0n the TPro....it was disappointing b/c it seemed like a good one....what did you do gmay to get it to work?
    I really didn't do anything special. It has worked fine for me before I installed SPB Mobile Shell, and after I uninstalled it, although I had to do a hard reset before I installed it the second time in order to fix what MS had done to my ringer/vibrate.

All I can suggest is do a hard reset then install it and make sure you are using the latest version. The hard reset will likely restore your ringer and/or vibrate modes, and the fresh install of Phonex should not be a problem after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    so, if you hardware vibrate switch is on(on vibrate mode) your phone vibrates on incoming calls?
    Yes, and I also get vibrate alerts though Treo Alert Pro when my ringer is off.
  8.    #8  
    Yes, and I also get vibrate alerts though Treo Alert Pro when my ringer is off.
    i was under the impression that treo alert does not support the pro as far as incoming call vibration.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    i was under the impression that treo alert does not support the pro as far as incoming call vibration.
    It doesn't. What I meant to say is 1) I'm using Phonex; 2) I have my phone set to vibrate on all incoming calls when the ringer is off and it does; and 3) I am also getting vibrating alerts from TAP when my ringer switch is off. Sorry for the confusion.
  10.    #10  
    It doesn't. What I meant to say is 1) I'm using Phonex; 2) I have my phone set to vibrate on all incoming calls when the ringer is off and it does; and 3) I am also getting vibrating alerts from TAP when my ringer switch is off. Sorry for the confusion.
    got it.thnx. tried everything including fresh install after a hard reset, still no vibration when vibrate switch is on. will wait for future releases.
    I wish I could find a TFCM thaat won't cost much and not mess up my ringers and notifications!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by drfrog View Post
    I had to install it twice, but still having some issues. After 2nd install it worked for about half a day. When I looked at my phone this morning, I saw it had changed back to the WinMo default phone app. It's appears to be running fine now.

The buttons look bigger in 1.4, but functionally, I can't tell the difference from 1.3.
    Its working fine on mine. I have the 1.03 STP.
    I have tried 1.4 and 1.4.5 and ringer/vibrate issues abound - and I even hard reset and did not install anything else...weird
    Charliec
  15.    #15  
    1.4.5 works well if you select different phonex profiles, 1 works very well with vibrate and sound
    Is there some direction on 1.4.5? All I find is still for 1.4. I have had to move to Inesoft Phone, but woul prefer Phonex. Whne you say "1 works very will with vibrate and sound" do you mean one of the profiles?
    Charliec
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by charliec View Post
    Is there some direction on 1.4.5? All I find is still for 1.4. I have had to move to Inesoft Phone, but woul prefer Phonex. Whne you say "1 works very will with vibrate and sound" do you mean one of the profiles?
    yes.the one that works for me is the one with ther dott in the middle, and 2 half circles on each side...
    curious if this app allows for automatic prepend of all calls. If so how flexible? I would like to be able to dial into a server on all calls- hit an entry code and the have the number I am calling dial.

wondering if I can do a 10-12 digit prepend on all calls that also contains a pause.
  19. hjt
    Has anyone tried this with RealVGA?? TIA
    Hard reset,only install RealVGA and Inesoft Phone ,but messed up my ring and vibrate.

Why?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast