1.    #1  
    Hey guys does anyone know if you can access OWA through the mobile email client ... im not talking about eas ..but owa...thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gruppe3942 View Post
    Hey guys does anyone know if you can access OWA through the mobile email client ... im not talking about eas ..but owa...thanks
    I believe OWA is Web-based and you have to navigate to the appropriate Web site with a browser to access it.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I have used two different programs for OWA access to my email.

1. The Seven7 beta program at SEVEN has a great user interface and is the better of the two if you can get it to work for you. I used it for over a year and was very happy with it until access was blocked by my employer. There is also a very active forum for technical support.

2. I am now using Emoze, which works just as well, but I do get multiples of some emails which is very annoying. The technical support is not as good for this program, but it does push OWA as advertised.

Good Luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by gruppe3942 View Post
    Well it depends....

If your organization is running Exchange 2000 or 2003 then yes, but it ain't pretty.
    In addition, with those versions of Exchange you can also access Exchange OMA (Ourlook Mobile Access). OMA is a stripped down version of OWA that can be accessed by WAP browsers (doesn't need Pocket IE).

If you're on Exchange 2007, your only option is OWA with Pocket IE. Trust me, it's only for emergencies, not something you'd want to do regularly.
    Try Chronobis, it can access your OWA just like EAS.

Free to download and try.

Chronobis.com
    Quote Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
    Try Chronobis, it can access your OWA just like EAS.

Free to download and try.

Chronobis.com
    Looks interesting but...looks like it is only one-way ---From Server to device. I looks like it cannot sync back or even send email for that matter.

Also, It looks like it currently does not work with Exchange 20007.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    OWA whether you access for the desktop or from your windows mobile phone is done via the browser. If that is what you want, just type your URL into IE and that is it. The size of your mobile screen and resolution might be a challenge. Have you considered the outlook client on windows mobile? It works great!
    Quote Originally Posted by timlayton View Post
    OWA whether you access for the desktop or from your windows mobile phone is done via the browser. If that is what you want, just type your URL into IE and that is it. The size of your mobile screen and resolution might be a challenge. Have you considered the outlook client on windows mobile? It works great!
    Yea, but..I think the OP is asking if he can access his Exchange account through the Mobile Outlook client on his phone. If that's the case, it ain't gonna happen.

OP, can you clear up exactly what it is you're trying to accomplish?:

1) OWA access through a browser on your phone (virtually unusable on the 800w version of ie)

2) Accessing OWA through Outllook Mobile on your phone
    Though he didn't reply and this thread is getting old, I think I know what he is after, the same thing as I am. I have been using a Treo 680 for a couple of years now with Chatter email and it's OWA plugin. The plugin allows chatter to log in to and download email into the program itself. Now I have switched to Windows and would like the same functionality.
    So what is being asked for is a mail client, ANY email client for WinMo that connects to the OWA server and downloads email, calender, etc into the email client not to a web broswer.
    My company supports OWA and blackberries but will not enable OTA or any other external access.
    So is there a client out there similiar to chatter email with download and send capabilites? I know that I could use xpress mail but it works intermittently at best and sends the data through a third party server. Hope that helps and I hope there is SOMETHING out there that can do that. Thanks!
    Last edited by Risingsunn; 07/25/2009 at 09:24 AM.
    Look at EMOZE to use the OWA interface to pull and send messages from your windows phone.
    That looks interesting.

2 questions:
    1) How long have you been using it?
    2) Is there any cost for the enterprise edition?