1.    #1  
    I was using the headset jack with my aux input in my car. When I unplugged the 3.5 cord, the phone would no longer make any noise.

I can't hear when I call someone, phone makes no noises when buttons are pushed, can't hear music, etc. It's almost as if the phone senses that a headset is still plugged in.

I'm not muted, volume rocker is all the way up. I've tried a hard reset to no avail. Anybody seen a problem like this?

Thanks!
    have you checked the ringer switch on the top of the phone?
  3.    #3  
    Yes The switch is definitely on.
    Are you using Spb Mobile Shell? The first release of Ver. 3 had a bug where it would reset the volume down to zero anytime you adjusted using the volume keys and it wouldn't be readily apparant
  5.    #5  
    No, not using a mobile shell of any kind.
  6.    #6  
    I fixed my problem for those of you who run into this problem.

I thought it was strange that the action of unplugging and plugging in a headset made a registry change but that is, indeed, what happens.

In the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\State\Hardware\Headset, my phone was stuck on 1 (on) even though no headset was plugged in.

I simply set it to 0, soft resetted, and wa-la... I was back in business.
    Does your headphone plug still work properly? The old Treo's had problems with the headphone jack coming un-soldered from the main board, and it would cause problems like this. I was wondering if the Pro would have this problem or not still.

Also, while this doesn't help in this situation, I learned the hard way that doing a hard reset with the ringer switch on vibrate is NOT a good idea. You will not have any sound at all, and WOW HD Audio even said no Audio driver found at all. Had to do another hard reset with the switch on to get it to work right.
  8.    #8  
    Yeah, it works fine. Apparently that section of the registry is where the toggles for hardware state are stored for the OS.

When I was in the registry I verified this by changing the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\State\Hardware\Speaker setting to 1 and saw the phone display "speakerphone on"

My phone just got hung up on headset = 1 so I had to manually change it.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    hi , this just happend to me, could u please givme step by step how can i get to the registry in order to modify it , thanx ..
  10.    #10  
    Here's a cab file to fix this
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Akakar, I just wanted to thank for the great info you posted concerning this issue. Over the weekend i used headphones to listen to nfl mobile and it was stuck in headphone mode ever since. I changed the registry to 0 but it kept switching back to 1. Your cab file worked great though...thanks again!!
    Hi, i still cannot figure out where is Hkey local...
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BL@DE View Post
    Hi, i still cannot figure out where is Hkey local...
    It is a registry entry. You have to download a registry editor.

But easier than that is to download the .CAB file above, and run it on your Treo Pro. It changes the registry entry for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rut Dog View Post
    It is a registry entry. You have to download a registry editor.

But easier than that is to download the .CAB file above, and run it on your Treo Pro. It changes the registry entry for you.
    I did it still no sound(((
    I did it still no sound(((
    I cannot find REGISTRY...
    I cannot find REGISTRY...
    Any thoughts?
    If you plug in a headset does the sound still work that way?