Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I just returned from our Summer place and was totally suprised that I was unable to use my Pro all weekend due to absolutely no signal strength.

My son was with me and had no issues with his Palm Centro - but I was unable to get any signal - roaming or no roaming. I verfied that the settings were proper. I also find it very ironic that my old Katana never had an issue.

Any feedback or suggestions? Thanks
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    After work bought Treo Pros for us, I compaired it against my 800w and the 800w signal is way better. Maybe it's just the signal strength needs recalibrating like the "missed call Mod".
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    After work bought Treo Pros for us, I compaired it against my 800w and the 800w signal is way better. Maybe it's just the signal strength needs recalibrating like the "missed call Mod".
    zbop, are you reading this? hint hint.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Global Posts
    482 Global Posts
    ditto
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Did I miss something?
    Global Posts
    482 Global Posts
    I was just agreeing with Gottria and Cody that it would be nice if this could be corrected by the same way zbop corrected the missed call issue (see sticky)

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...ing-calls.html
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    FYI - just talked to PALM - they told me to go pound salt. They have no other complaints and can't provide an answeer as to why 7 other phones - including 2 centro's - worked bit the Treo wouldn't.

Suggested I perform a hard reset and call them back if the problem persists after the fact. Nice....
    Last edited by coozman; 05/26/2009 at 10:31 PM.
    You saw the link in Infinity3's post correct?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...ing-calls.html

My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I did - but he stated "If you aren't having problems with missed calls - leave it alone" - so I am opting to not mess with it yet..
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    I haven't missed any calls so I don't think the missing call hack will help me. What I noticed since I have an 800w for personal use and a work related Tpro is the signal strength is considerable better on the 800w than the Pro. 800w right now has full bars and the TPro has 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    I haven't missed any calls so I don't think the missing call hack will help me. What I noticed since I have an 800w for personal use and a work related Tpro is the signal strength is considerable better on the 800w than the Pro. 800w right now has full bars and the TPro has 3.
    Well, you should also remember that the numbers of bar is not an indication of total signal strength. Different phones use different amounts of bars for the same amount of signal strength. Some are optimistic, to try and look better, some are pessimistic, and some are "normal." My basement gets no cell phone service. Only Sprint and AT&T (go figure) get service in there, and only some phones at that. My centro would be spotty, my Treo Pro almost always makes calls. In general, as far as actual use goes, I think my Centro and Pro are about equal with signal strength. Number of bars the centro wins by far, but they both drop calls/make calls in the same areas. In fact, the Centro gets fuzzy/scratchy and even drops calls sometimes with 1 and 2 bars showing. The Pro doesn't get scratchy until there are no bars at all. One bar and call quality and strength is usually still very good. That's just my experience though, I could be in the minority here. Some people say the speakerphone is good on these phones, so opinions obviously differ
    Quote Originally Posted by coozman View Post
    I just returned from our Summer place and was totally suprised that I was unable to use my Pro all weekend due to absolutely no signal strength.

My son was with me and had no issues with his Palm Centro - but I was unable to get any signal - roaming or no roaming. I verfied that the settings were proper. I also find it very ironic that my old Katana never had an issue.

Any feedback or suggestions? Thanks
    Two questions:
    [1] What carrier are you with, and what carrier does your son have?
    [2] If your phone was GSM (e.g., AT&T), was your Treo Pro on 3G or Edge while you were there?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Both phones are thru the same plan - Sprint - his being the Palm Centro. Even though he was on Roam - I was not able to even do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    Well, you should also remember that the numbers of bar is not an indication of total signal strength. Different phones use different amounts of bars for the same amount of signal strength. Some are optimistic, to try and look better, some are pessimistic, and some are "normal." My basement gets no cell phone service. Only Sprint and AT&T (go figure) get service in there, and only some phones at that. My centro would be spotty, my Treo Pro almost always makes calls. In general, as far as actual use goes, I think my Centro and Pro are about equal with signal strength. Number of bars the centro wins by far, but they both drop calls/make calls in the same areas. In fact, the Centro gets fuzzy/scratchy and even drops calls sometimes with 1 and 2 bars showing. The Pro doesn't get scratchy until there are no bars at all. One bar and call quality and strength is usually still very good. That's just my experience though, I could be in the minority here. Some people say the speakerphone is good on these phones, so opinions obviously differ
    I agree with this. My 800w will show more bars but lose more calls, not ring and in practice gets worse reception than our Sprint Pros. Zbop, you, myself and others get this. Others have the opposite.

For those getting poor reception they may wish to try zbops stick at the top of this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    zbop, are you reading this? hint hint.
    Cody, I figure you'd need something to work on when you get your TP, so I was saving this one just for you...