Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I dropped the pro the other day and noticed an hour later that the "L" fell off the the back. Now it says "pam". At first I didn't mind, but then I thought to myself that it took a little something away from that polished, elegant look it had before. Not a big deal, but I can be a little OCD sometimes...would sprint replace the door free of charge with my insurance??
    This was also an issue on the cracked housing GSM version.

I am OCD and I will bring it to a repair center if it happens to me.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, I was thinking of doing that as well. I'm still under warranty. I'm starting to have that cheap knock off feeling everytime I put the phone to my ear... :-/ I thought it was suppose to be welded on, I had no idea it was glued on. I wonder if the Iphone logo and name is super glued as well
    My battery door has gotten pretty loose, from removing all the time to take out the SD card and hit the reset button (before I realized it can be reset without removing door). Also, I noticed the phone restarts when it gets bumped a little more than normal (tossing onto a rolled up towel from the tub, dropping it from a chair on to carpet etc.). I wonder if just a new door would fix it, or if something else is going on.
    Typically speaking Sprint would be unlikely to replace the battery door as they would consider it a cosmetic issue. It can be somewhat difficult to get them to do much for cosmetic issues unless there is a legitimate issue as well. However, if you have a good relation with your sprint store's reps then this may not be the case. The worst that happens is they tell you no, so why not check out your options?
  6.    #6  
    yeah, I figured I would march in there tomorrow and give it a shot. I just don't like the cheap "pam" at the back and the glue strip of where the "l" use to be. I lost the "l", so they would have to give me a new door if they chose to help with this..
    Isn't the Sprint insurance a $100 deductible insurance policy?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

palandri; Actually it is a 50.00 deductible if the phone is broken into more than two pieces or has suffered water damage/obvious negligence. However if something reasonably wrong with the phone (i.e. the touch screen stops working) they should swap it in-store.
    It's $100 deductable now. They sent you a notice about this 2-3 months ago.

Since the phone was dropped to cause the letter to fall off, I wouldn't think that it would be considered reasonably wrong.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPlennium View Post
    yeah, I figured I would march in there tomorrow and give it a shot. I just don't like the cheap "pam" at the back and the glue strip of where the "l" use to be. I lost the "l", so they would have to give me a new door if they chose to help with this..
    How did you make out? I noticed the other day that I am also missing the "l". I have only had the phone a few weeks and it hasn't been dropped. They must not be glued on very well.

Bill
    I sure would like to get a new back for mine. One of the little tabs in the upper corner broke off. Sprint gave me a $50 credit to help pay the $100 ded. I will still have to pay $50 and may get a refurb. So I'm in no hurry.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by wmillea View Post
    How did you make out? I noticed the other day that I am also missing the "l". I have only had the phone a few weeks and it hasn't been dropped. They must not be glued on very well.

Bill
    I didn't get a chance to go as yet. The thing is, I have the Seidio 3500mah battery with the door to go with it, so I'm not really using my original door. Right after the "l" fell off, I got the battery and door from seidio, so I figured I would just use that. But I still wanted the "l" replaced on the original door just incase I have to ever use the original door again...
    Quote Originally Posted by wmillea View Post

Bill
    I was at Sprint yesterday because my red button stopped turning the phone off (with the keyguard settings on), as well as a few other funny things. I mentioned that the back had gotten loose from taking it on and off for the Mem card, and that a small bump will cause the phone to restart sometimes. The Sprint employee took a look, and said the cover was a tad bit loose now, giving the battery just enough room to move and loose contact for a second. He said that it would probably fall under an insurance claim though, as it is "physical damage" despite only happening from normal use. Never argued the point though, since they had to order another Pro and do a "Defective unit exchange" for the other hardware/software problems that the tech guy couldn't figure out. I'll ask today about the logo on the back for you guys, and my problem, when I go pick up my new one.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    I was at Sprint yesterday because my red button stopped turning the phone off (with the keyguard settings on), as well as a few other funny things. I mentioned that the back had gotten loose from taking it on and off for the Mem card, and that a small bump will cause the phone to restart sometimes. The Sprint employee took a look, and said the cover was a tad bit loose now, giving the battery just enough room to move and loose contact for a second. He said that it would probably fall under an insurance claim though, as it is "physical damage" despite only happening from normal use. Never argued the point though, since they had to order another Pro and do a "Defective unit exchange" for the other hardware/software problems that the tech guy couldn't figure out. I'll ask today about the logo on the back for you guys, and my problem, when I go pick up my new one.
    That would be awesome Centro85!!! Let us now
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    That would be great.

Thanks
    Physical Damage

Repairs and replcements due to damage such as cracked or broken housings, cracked or separated hinges, cracked or bleeding screens, cracked or broken lenses, and broken or bent ports or pins.
    Type of Coverage Cost per service
    Total Equipment Protection $50 or $100 non-refundable deductible per approved claim depending on the device
    Equipment Service & Repair Program $99 for Phones, Mobile Broadband Cards
    $119 for PDA Smartphones
    Equipment Replacement Program $50 or $100 non-refundable deductible per approved claim depending on the device
    No Coverage $99 for Phones, Mobile Broadband Cards
    $119 for PDA Smartphones
    I am confused. If I have coverage, my repairs are $100. If I do not have coverage, they are $119???
    My Pro was a direct replacement, no deductible (not insurance claim). I was given a brand new Pro too, from a new box and everything. ##786# said Refurbished: No. That's a nice sigh of relief.

I did ask about the cover if I didn't have a defective unit, and I was told that a simply a loose back or the battery moving inside would be a insurance replacement. They said the number falling off would be a "on the spot" call, depending on the condition of the phone and how old it is etc.

Basically, they didn't tell me anything. I think this particular store would have made you claim insurance for it though. Could be a good excuse to get the seido 3500mha battery
    My battery door has gotten pretty loose, from removing all the time to take out the SD card and hit the reset button (before I realized it can be reset without removing door). Also, I noticed the phone restarts when it gets bumped a little more than normal (tossing onto a rolled up towel from the tub, dropping it from a chair on to carpet etc.). I wonder if just a new door would fix it, or if something else is going on.
    off topic, but how do you reset without taking off the battery door?
    Quote Originally Posted by triplecore View Post
    off topic, but how do you reset without taking off the battery door?
    You can get at the reset button with the stylus (so I've been told...) or you can get a soft reset application.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast