Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    fyi for everyone.... if you do the 1.03 to 1.04 update.... you dont need to do this again if you have allready done it.

cody
    Thanks Cody...along the same lines; If we do a hard reset at any point, these settings should remain?
    well, though I do believe this is better after the changes, I wouldn't say it is THE FiX.

I had two voicemail within the first hour of activating new treo pro. did the changes, and have had two voicemail in the last two days.

I don't think its going to be bad enough to think about not keeping the treo peo, although, one missed call today almost cost me $1200.

I am hoping sprint/palm come out with a rom update with a fix. maybe a custom rom will start to show up with a different radio.

cody
    Last edited by codyppc; 06/02/2009 at 07:47 AM.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Where is prompts to install the hardware drivers my install keeps failing even though I am pointing it at the right folder where the files reside. Any ideas?
    I had a problem doing this on Vista 32 and 64 bit but I broke out my old XP laptop and it worked perfect.

Thanks
    well, though I do believe this is better after the changes, I would say it is THE FiX.

I had two voicemail within the first hour of activating new treo pro. did the changes, and have had two voicemail in the last two days.

I don't think its going to be bad enough to think about not keeping the treo peo, although, one missed call almost cost me $1200.

I am hoping sprint/palm come out with a rom update with a fix. maybe a custom rom will start to show up with a different radio.

cody
    x2. I had about 10 voice mails and numerous complaints in 3 weeks with the original Pro. Most of the people I deal with either know I hate voicemails, or only call when they need something bad, thus they find other means to get a hold of me. Since doing this fix I have 0 missed calls, and no complaints about a dead phone. I would say this did the trick.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    I just did this fix after missing 2 calls today when in a low service area. I was a little scared at first. I've never done anything like that to a phone, but the directions are very good. I didn't have any problems. Thanks to all involved.
    Has anyone else had this problem with their STP? Several times a day my phone rings and when I answer it there is no connection. About a 1/3 of the time it will connect after about 5-10 seconds and the rest of the time it times out and gives me a missed call notification. Yet, if that person calls me right back, the call will connect. Also, during this time, I can place calls, send text or connect to the internet without problems. I followed the directions listed in this thread and have noticed no improvement with this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I am not sure if I imagining this or not but after doing this hack, it seems like my screen shows less signal bars then before.. is that right?
    Sprint Palm Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by strongsteve View Post
    I am not sure if I imagining this or not but after doing this hack, it seems like my screen shows less signal bars then before.. is that right?

I noticed this too......
    well, though I do believe this is better after the changes, I wouldn't say it is THE FiX.

I don't think its going to be bad enough to think about not keeping the treo peo, although, one missed call today almost cost me $1200.

cody
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    x2. I had about 10 voice mails and numerous complaints in 3 weeks with the original Pro. Most of the people I deal with either know I hate voicemails, or only call when they need something bad, thus they find other means to get a hold of me. Since doing this fix I have 0 missed calls, and no complaints about a dead phone. I would say this did the trick.
    sorry guys, i had one very important word wrong. i edited my post from saying would to wouldn't.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
    I noticed this too......
    my treo pro never had any signal bars to start with. this is the only problem with the treo pro. we need a new radio all together.
    my treo pro never had any signal bars to start with. this is the only problem with the treo pro. we need a new radio all together.
    I use to see 2 or 3 sometimes, if I was in the right spot.
    I hope this is the right thread for this issue. Is no one else having the issue that I stated above? I have a suspicion it may be due to my recent install or setting change with Phone Alarm but am not sure. Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: Did a hard reset, kept changes from this thread, and reinstalled everything. My issue seems to be resolved. Not missing any calls AND able to answer all calls.
    Last edited by davidck65; 06/07/2009 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Update
  14.    #34  

cody
    That's too bad. Although you say it's better, so it may be possible to continue to tweak and improve...

The problem is there are many reasons that contribute to missed calls, which I why I was careful to word my description of this hack, it isn't meant to be THE fix or panacea to all the STP's reception issues. It's meant to fix/improve a specific case, see more details starting around page 5 here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...ml#post1600959

I think the reception on the STP is mediocre at best, so you're probably right, to fix all the reception issues will require that Palm/Sprint provide us with new radio firmware. However I think the odds of that being released are extremely slim at this point.

Having said that, I believe that more can be done by working with the parameters in NVRAM, just takes some patience and research if someone wants to give it a shot.

Cody, just curious do you use push email and can that be contributing to your missed calls? (i.e. busy 1x data session)
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidck65 View Post
    I hope this is the right thread for this issue. Is no one else having the issue that I stated above? I have a suspicion it may be due to my recent install or setting change with Phone Alarm but am not sure. Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Sounds like a different issue, especially if your phone actually rings first. I you want to continue to discuss it, I would create a separate thread, just so you don't muddy the waters here (things are confusing enough with the multiple causes of missed calls).

You may be right, it could be related to PhoneAlarm or possibly you just aren't answering quickly enough (you can look into the SCI hack).
    So any Vista / 7 x64 drivers available? I'm unable to do this hack on from my Windows 7 x64 machine.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    So any Vista / 7 x64 drivers available? I'm unable to do this hack on from my Windows 7 x64 machine.
    Try using windows xp that is included with windows 7 beta...

I am not sure this will work, but it may be worth a try... I love windows 7 xp virtual pc... with x64 it is even better because of all the ram you can install.

Windows Virtual PC: Download
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    After doing this hack, I noticed I was getting zero bars in places where I would normally get 3 or 4 bars.. also, my battery drained faster. I had no idea what my settings were prior so I just changed them to the prior settings listed in the post and I am now back to 3 or 4 bars again.
    Sprint Palm Treo Pro
    After doing this hack, I noticed I was getting zero bars in places where I would normally get 3 or 4 bars.. also, my battery drained faster. I had no idea what my settings were prior so I just changed them to the prior settings listed in the post and I am now back to 3 or 4 bars again.
    Interesting. Seems to be a growing consensus that this effects the signal bars--but I guess the question raised is that just representation or actual signal strength?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Try using windows xp that is included with windows 7 beta...

I am not sure this will work, but it may be worth a try... I love windows 7 xp virtual pc... with x64 it is even better because of all the ram you can install.

Windows Virtual PC: Download
    I don't like this demo... But it got the job done. :-)
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast