1.    #1  
    Probably gonna expose the depths of my ignorance, but... here goes...

What's to stop this from working on the Pro? http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...ter-works.html

I know it's reported that it won't work on the Pro, but can someone explain why? Is it hardware or just a lack of drivers?

I, of course, have a Pro, and IMHO it is far superior to the 800 in almost every way, but I really need to be able to feed a mic or line-in signal to it for a conference call. Is there no way to make this work on the Pro?

Or do I just have to keep an 800 around and do an ESN swap every time I wanna host a conference?

Anybody?
    My 800w's headset doesn't work with the Pro, which makes me come to the conclusion that perhaps the firmware for microUSB audio just isn't there...
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
    i'll test and report back tomorrow but it can be a combo of hardware and/or software that determines this ability.
    Worth trying, but I think all signs point to no...

The TI OMAP 2430 (800w CPU) has USB OTG support built into the chipset. There are also USB OTG drivers under \Windows on the 800w and OTG entries in the registry for the 800w. None of this exists on the Treo Pro.

Malachi, I think you can do this without USB. If all you need is a line-in for the microphone, you should be able to find (or worst case build) a 3.5mm adapter.

i.e.) 4-conductor 3.5mm male splits (Y) to:
    3.5mm female jack (3 conductor) for output
    3.5mm female jack (2 conductor) for mic input
  5.    #5  
    zbop, can you explain that a little better? You're saying to take a 3.5mm male with 4 wires and split it off to 2 female jacks, one with 3 wires for stereo output and one with 2 wires for mic input? Sounds nice, but how do I know which wires go where? For, though I am involved with the Pro Audio equipment, I am not familiar with how the stuff works. I just know how to hook it up and run it.

Where could I get this 4-conductor male Y?

I'll do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    zbop, can you explain that a little better? You're saying to take a 3.5mm male with 4 wires and split it off to 2 female jacks, one with 3 wires for stereo output and one with 2 wires for mic input? Sounds nice, but how do I know which wires go where? For, though I am involved with the Pro Audio equipment, I am not familiar with how the stuff works. I just know how to hook it up and run it.

Where could I get this 4-conductor male Y?

I'll do some research.
    Easier to just post a link...

Pc-Mobile data cables audio adapters for PDA, GSM and GPS Bluetooth, Nikon PSP

Item Code: PX50MS

Note: I haven't tested this, but I believe it should work. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $there$ $are$ $no$ $active$ $electronics$ $in$ $the$ $Treo$ $Pro$ $headset$ $and$ $the$ $wiring$ $is$ $standard$ ($I$'$m$ $using$ $an$ $iphone$ $headset$ $I$ $bought$ $off$ $ebay$). $If$ $your$ $line$-$in$ $mic$ $jack$ $is$ $a$ $different$ $connector$, $you$ $can$ $search$ $for$ $a$ $variation$ $of$ $this$ $cable$ $to$ $avoid$ $using$ $extra$ $adapters$.
  7.    #7  
    It's ordered. I'll let you know if it works.

Thanks for doing the leg work for me. I had no idea something like this existed, though I did do a Google I just never saw anything for it.
  8.    #8  
    ok, I got the adapter in and it works perfectly.

Plug it into my STP, plug a line-in into one of the jacks and headphones into the other. I call my conference line and log in, and whatever is going into the STP mic jack is heard by all the participants on the conference.

Thanks so much zbop for helping me once again.