1.    #1  
    Hello, I am a new user of the Treo Pro. I came from the treo 700wx and quite a few of treo palm version: 600 / 650/ 700p.

I noticed that my treo wakes on its own (screen powers up) randomly. There was no text, miss calls, or anything.

So far the only program I have installed is phonealarm v2.15

Any ideas what is causing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by vwrado View Post
    Hello, I am a new user of the Treo Pro. I came from the treo 700wx and quite a few of treo palm version: 600 / 650/ 700p.

I noticed that my treo wakes on its own (screen powers up) randomly. There was no text, miss calls, or anything.

So far the only program I have installed is phonealarm v2.15

Any ideas what is causing this?
    I'm not sure if phonealarm might have an effect or not. I use a different alarm program. My Pro wakes up with anything incoming -- call, sms, voicemail notifications. Other than that, mine only wakes up at midnight -- I'm assuming the date change does it. From the previous models you mentioned, I'm assuming your Pro is the Sprint version. Mine's the GSM Pro, so I'm not sure if there is software included or registry changes with the Sprint version that might do this.
    There are many threads about this but unfortunately the screen waking is "normal". Its very annoying and a battery waster.
    it also wakes when you lose signal, or regain signal. Huge battery waster.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Sounds like Phonealarm must be the cause, there's no reason it should wake up otherwise.

My (GSM) Pro doesn't wake at midnight, nor each time it loses or regains a signal - if so, it would be waking up incessantly where I live!

The only reason it should wake up is for calls, messages & reminders AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
    It is phonealarm. Uninstall it for a day or two and see what happens.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Agreed, it is probably the low signal alert of PhoneAlarm. The midnight issue *might* be the rebuild notification queue feature of GAlaram. I don't have either of these issues on my STP.
    Nope- this happens to me as well andI don't run phonealarm.

This is an annoying bug- nothing more imo.
    Well technically *any* program that is running can be doing this, so I wouldn't assume it's a single-cause issue. I listed what I thought were the most likely suspects for two individual cases.
    I don't have any alarm programs installed. The only things that are running when mine does this is Activesync and Coreplayer
    Quote Originally Posted by mohamie View Post
    I don't have any alarm programs installed. The only things that are running when mine does this is Activesync and Coreplayer
    You could try exiting Coreplayer and turn Activesync to manual for awhile and see if it behaves differently.

Even if those are the only programs you see, there may be other threads that are active; i.e. today plugins or apps that install services won't show up in the task manager even though they may be running.
    My Treo wakes up once in a while when it checks email in the background, but doesn't happen too often.