1.    #1  
    Do you make conference calls often ? I do. I just got my Palm Pro and come from a Treo 700P . Is there a good emulator for a WM rookie like me ?
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Yes I do and find it to be difficult. You have to do it like a standard phone. Make or receive the first call, then choose the second contact from recent calls or contacts and press send again. Once connected to the second contact press send the third time to conference the two people. To end just press end and will disconnect both calls. You will have to let one of the parties hang up if you only want to continue with just one person.

I wish the Pro was set up like the 700WX with the conference option and ability to end the second call.
    Last edited by jac6695; 05/22/2009 at 08:31 PM. Reason: clarification
    James

VZW: 700W>700WX>Centro>Samsung Saga> now with Sprint: Touch Pro>Treo Pro>Touch Pro 2
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jac6695 View Post
    Yes I do and find it to be difficult. You have to do it like a standard phone. Make or receive the first call, then choose the second contact from recent calls or contacts and press send again. Once connected to the second contact press send the third time to conference the two people. To end just press end and will disconnect both calls. You will have to let one of the parties hang up if you only want to continue with just one person.

I wish the Pro was set up like the 700WX with the conference option and ability to end the second call.
    Thanks James. I was afraid if your answer. I need a bit more "power" than that. Does anyone know of a "shell" that provides conference calling so that you may enter a new number that is not in your phone already, call that number and bridge all three calls together ? Thanks
    i need this too...maybe a registry edit?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    As I found out today, you can just dial the second number manually....

Press the send key to put the first person on hold
    Dial the second person's number and press send again to call them
    Press send a 3rd time to connect.

What had me mixed up was the Treo Pro manual, showed the available keys while in a call and they had a 'hold' button, where mine had an end button. I thought that was weird because why dedicate a button to 'end' when there's a hardware key for that??

And it's not a CDMA/network thing either... because on my old HTC P4000 (Mogul) it worked like all the others, with a hold key and conference key.