Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Ok...I have been unable to find stuff on this...but my today screen's soft keys have changed today. Rather than the usual "messaging" on the left and the button that launches several tools on the right (forgot what it was called), they are now "phone" and "contacts". In addition, the phone app is totally jacked. I press the softkey for it and I get a broken looking call log. In addition, I can't get the on screen keypad to come up. This sucks. Can anyone help?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I am having this same problem. How did you get it fixed?
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerpack View Post
    I am having this same problem. How did you get it fixed?
    Hard Reset. Reinstall everything.

No longer an issue though...I have a Pre now
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Thanks, Just did a hard reset and restoring now. Hope I don't have to install everything one by one. All the registry tweeks and customization would take forever.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Hate to tell you, but that's what I had to do...one at a time. Sprite backup and restores are totally useless. They never worked right for me.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Just found that out. It restored everything but it also restored my problem. I just don't understand what happened. I had a battery drain on Sunday mourning when I noticed the phone reset and it showed the battery at 0%. I could not get the green phone button to do anything and the left soft key says phone and not messages. I tap on phone and nothing happens.

I can go the windows directory and hit phone dialer and it shows up. Almost like a registry problem. I am just not sure which registry edit I would need to do to correct it. I guess I will have to start from scratch.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Bummer man...that's why I always kept all of my cab files on my microSD card...quick reinstallation of them all.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gjlowe View Post
    Bummer man...that's why I always kept all of my cab files on my microSD card...quick reinstallation of them all.
    That's a great idea. I will do that from now on. I am not even sure which registry tweeks I have installed. I guess I will be rereading all the registry tweek threads in the forums.