1.    #1  
    Numbskull here - I have a bunch of programs and some files on my 8 GB SanDisk Storage Card. As of yesterday it appears to have died. Not only can I not access any of it on my TP, but I can't even read the card with my computer (either in the memory slot or if I hook it up while in my TP & use File Explorer). Unfortunately, since I can't "find" it, I can't reformat it either. Am I screwed ... or do clearer heads have any ideas?

Thanks!!
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsPalm View Post
    Numbskull here - I have a bunch of programs and some files on my 8 GB SanDisk Storage Card. As of yesterday it appears to have died. Not only can I not access any of it on my TP, but I can't even read the card with my computer (either in the memory slot or if I hook it up while in my TP & use File Explorer). Unfortunately, since I can't "find" it, I can't reformat it either. Am I screwed ... or do clearer heads have any ideas?

Thanks!!
    Data Recovery Software to Undelete Files; Disk recovery; Recover Deleted Files

I've used this program in the past to pull files off a memory card that explorer told me had no files on it
    Saved all my pics from a vacation that time.
    I even reformatted the card afterwards and it worked trouble free (though, I wouldn't recommend that-)

By the way, I see it's gotten alot more expensive since I purchased it a few years back- there are probably cheaper ones out there-
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by marksr View Post
    Data Recovery Software to Undelete Files; Disk recovery; Recover Deleted Files

I've used this program in the past to pull files off a memory card that explorer told me had no files on it
    Saved all my pics from a vacation that time.
    I even reformatted the card afterwards and it worked trouble free (though, I wouldn't recommend that-)

By the way, I see it's gotten alot more expensive since I purchased it a few years back- there are probably cheaper ones out there-
    Thanks. It looks like a cool utility. Unfortunately, it also does not "see" that there is a storage card in my TP (even when one is in it).
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsPalm View Post
    Thanks. It looks like a cool utility. Unfortunately, it also does not "see" that there is a storage card in my TP (even when one is in it).
    My bad-forgot to mention that when I saved the camera SD card I had, I had to take the card out of the camera and place it in a card reader in the PC, and it did recopgnize it when I ran the program, even though I couldn't "see" the drive through My Computer, explorer, or even device manager.

Try a card reader if you have one-

Mark
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by marksr View Post
    My bad-forgot to mention that when I saved the camera SD card I had, I had to take the card out of the camera and place it in a card reader in the PC, and it did recopgnize it when I ran the program, even though I couldn't "see" the drive through My Computer, explorer, or even device manager.

Try a card reader if you have one-

Mark
    Thanks for the tip. I tried the card reader and still it won't show up (in the recovery program). Of course, I'm not sure if the card reader is working properly either for that matter since I can't "see" the card on explorer either.

I'm just hoping the phone hasn't decided it won't use a storage card anymore.
  6.    #6  
    I should report back (even though it was weeks ago that I resolved this). After all this fiddling around - the real problem was that I had to do a hard reset on the phone. For some reason it has lost the ability to recognize a storage card. Once I did, I put the (same) storage card back in and everything was "good to go".