1.    #1  
    Anyone who has tried both of these contact managers/phone apps for the Treo Pro? WHich one is better? faster?

The most important thing to me is stability and speed. Hope people with experience with these software could enlighten me

THanks!

http://www.iconsoft.com/
    Last edited by bulls96; 05/23/2009 at 08:42 PM.
  2.    #2  
    mind if i bump this one up? i really would like to hear from you guys

thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Anyone who has tried both of these contact managers/phone apps for the Treo Pro? WHich one is better? faster?

The most important thing to me is stability and speed. Hope people with experience with these software could enlighten me

THanks!
    OK. Stability I understand, but speed at what? There are lots of ways a contact program can be fast -- finding a group of contacts, finding a particular contact, dialing, opening up.

And you selected these two for some reason. Why not others like Resco Contact, Sunnysoft Contact or PocketCM (which is free)?
  4.    #4  
    THanks for your suggestions. WIll look them up.

As for the speed, i just want a fast way to dial contacts, and then looking good i liked SPB MS3 the way they handled contacts, but that program is still too buggy for me.

Last edited by bulls96; 05/23/2009 at 08:44 PM.
    I am using Iconsoft Phonex 1.4 and it is a critical app for me. My eyes are getting bad and I simply can't read the tiny print on the default Windows phone pad. On top of that the Today plugin that comes with Phonex is kick-a$$. I have tried apps like Mobile Shell and Winterface, but they are just eye candy to me. Phonex looks good AND provides functionality that I have yet to find in a shell replacement like Mobile Shell, Winterface or others. And it is extremely finger friendly (that sounds kinky, doesn't it?)

Accordingly, I have ditched Mobile Shell and Winterface and have decided that all I need is Phonex, Pocket Digital Clock, Elecont Launcher and Treo Alert Pro. Using these plugins and the standard Windows Today page, my phone is rock solid, extremely functional and my battery life is very good (noticeably better than when I was running Mobile Shell or Winterface).

Iconsoft just released some new skins for Phonex that make it even better. The Blue skin really helps if you use your phone a lot outside in the sun. Of all the apps I have purchased (and I bought Mobile Shell and Winterface by the way), Phonex ranks No. 1 on my list in terms of value.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    THanks for your suggestions. WIll look them up.

As for the speed, i just want a fast way to dial contacts, and then looking good i liked SPB MS3 the way they handled contacts, but that program is still too buggy for me.
    I use Sunnysoft Contacts. Like WM's contact list, it'll narrow your choices as you type letters, but also using the company field. Once you see the record you want, tap the phone icon for that record & it starts dialing. The color scheme is unique, but pleasant & not too out of line with anything else.
  7.    #7  
    there are so many choices... i like something that has bigger pictures, bigger dialer, and something i can assign to the green button.

Last edited by bulls96; 05/23/2009 at 08:44 PM.
  8.    #8  
    Will give Phonex a shot. Looks good. Maybe what I am looking for.

Iconsoft
    Did you try Phonex? How did it work for you? I have similar needs in this area!
  10.    #10  
    i tried Inesoft for a few minutes but felt Phonex was more polished, easier to use.

Am using Phonex now and i am pretty happy with it. The only big thing about it that i dont like is the inability to use the thumbpad to search thru contacts. It defaults to the 9-key keyboard of normal phones so to look for BULLS i have to press 28557. May be a dealbreaker for others.
    i tried phonex and it drained my battery. after a hard reset without installing phonex, battery life is significantly better.

i installed to my sprint TP. anyone else experience this problem?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    did anyone try the resco contact manager? I'm also going blind with the small print and want something easy to read and navigate through.
    would like feedback!
    WHEW HEW! What a ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by kita View Post
    did anyone try the resco contact manager? I'm also going blind with the small print and want something easy to read and navigate through.
    would like feedback!
    Last time I tried it, it was beta & didn't like my Treo Pro that well. It's been through several versions since then, so it might be better behaved, now. One warning, if you don't like it, it uninstalls like most other contact managers -- it defaults to having WinMo default to the previously installed contact manager instead of the WinMo contact manager. To get around that, grab a copy of Sunnysoft Contacts, install that, then uninstall it. Sunnysoft is the only one I've found that resets the phone back to the WinMo contact program, no matter what was installed prior to Sunnysoft. And who knows, you might like it.
    I use Resco Contact Manager. I find it really useful and it let you get rid of your today screen and just use Resco's. It allow you to place on the today screen contacts, programs, documents, favorites, profile, etc.

On my Treo, using RealVGA and Resco, I can put 30 icons on the screen, all easy to reach with your finger.

gb
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    On my Sprint Treo Pro, I use RealVGA, GFXBoost, Resco Explorer, Phonex 1.4.5 and my main UI is PointUI Home2 along with Showcase Task Switcher & the two FingerSuite apps from XDA. With all those running, my RAM is about 57% used and the phone is super responsive. Simply great combination of software I have found through MUCH trial and error.

I have noticed that installing the Titan JRE results in a loss of 8-10MB of RAM! I just leave it off now since the only Java app I ever really used was Opera Mini.
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitterKill View Post
    On my Sprint Treo Pro, I use RealVGA, GFXBoost, Resco Explorer, Phonex 1.4.5 and my main UI is PointUI Home2 along with Showcase Task Switcher & the two FingerSuite apps from XDA.
    Not to hijack a thread, but I have RealVGA, Resco Explorer & Pointui on my GSM Treo Pro. I've never gotten a full day with Pointui without it getting cranky enough in some way that it needs at least 1 soft reset. Did you do anything special to make it behave? You cam pm me or we can start a thread in the Treo Pro section.