1.    #1  
    I just got my Pro and it seems that it no longer offer smileys on texting, but emoticons for emails/picmail/vids. I really miss the smileys on text messaging. Is there a way(tweak) to bring smileys back to texting?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Try this. It is the messaging program that came on the 800W I believe.
    It is great. be sure to "Thank" the person who posted the .cab.

Palm Messaging 800W

OrionNE
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionNE View Post
    Try this. It is the messaging program that came on the 800W I believe.
    It is great. be sure to "Thank" the person who posted the .cab.

Palm Messaging 800W

OrionNE
    Was soooo excited to try this (not a fan of the Win SMS that came on my Pro) but this killed it for me:

"No notification icon appears on the today screen when an sms comes in. This is actually a bug with the original program"

oh well, if you don't need the notification icon to alert you of an incoming SMS, then this looks to be a great solution.
    TREO 300--->TREO 600--->TREO 650--->TREO 750--->HTC TOUCH PRO--->TREO PRO
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Yes it does. You have to go into the today screen items and check the Palm Messaging item to show on today screen. Or it might just be called messaging. and the Mail becomes the Inbox. I know it's there cause I use it.

check again. You may need to softreset and send/receive a sms before it all starts working right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Was soooo excited to try this (not a fan of the Win SMS that came on my Pro) but this killed it for me:

"No notification icon appears on the today screen when an sms comes in. This is actually a bug with the original program"

oh well, if you don't need the notification icon to alert you of an incoming SMS, then this looks to be a great solution.
    It's just the little notification icon at the top that doesn't show. You do get a notification bubble with the text in it when an sms arrives along with a sound. It was the same way on the 800w.