Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anybody else try Microsoft's MyPhone? I loaded it today an it is pretty nice.

Pros:
    - It will back up not just PIM data but also documents, ringtones, and any other files in My Documents
    - Free online storage
    Cons:
    - Can't backup flash card
    - Can't sync PIM data if you already have an Exchange sync setup.

I had to disable Google Exchange sync to enable a full sync with MS but it is pretty slick. If you haven't tried it, I recommend it.

My Phone
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I have just tried this. Looks like something we could really use at work and home for scheduling. You can get your schedule from any computer, add events or edit events and synch in real time. My wife can see my schedule from home. My office manager could see and change my schedule from the office. I may be able to just go where I am told without worrying about what I am supposed to be doing in one world or the other. The two of them can find conflicts real time instead of me having to break the bad news when I forget....
    I haven't tried anything else...
    But have you tried checking the music box? The flash card box becomes checkable (sic) after one of the other boxes is checked. I wonder if there is a way to purchase more space online?
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
    Scalpel->Scope->Aesop->Hermes->Sidne->Davinci S>Davinci Si
    Yes I am using this since yesterday. Couldnt get in the closed beta as I tried to join it to late (imo). This is straight forward backup, so I dont need Activesync for my contacts etc. Now when I want to do a hard reset I can restore my contacts, appointments, and tasks without a fuss.

For full backups make sure you use your sprite backup.

Also it will let you sync your flash card but you only get 200mb of storage. You have that option in the phone app. Not sure what it actually syncs beside photos, video documents.

Being able to sync even if you have an exchange is coming. They just havent came out with it yet.
    Devices: Blackberry 7130, 8130, 8330, HTC Touch Pro, Treo 600, 700wx, Pro, Palm Pre
    You also have the option from the myphone site to "Restore to Device". For some reason you lose any data. Also you can create the contacts, events, etc directly from the site and sync it to your phone.
    Devices: Blackberry 7130, 8130, 8330, HTC Touch Pro, Treo 600, 700wx, Pro, Palm Pre
  5.    #5  
    I now sync to MyPhone and my local Outlook. Outlook syncs automatically to Google Calendar and to my home network attached storage. I also have a Sprite backup. I guess you can say I'm covered.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Anyone notice the recurring appointments don't synch? Am I doing something wrong?
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
  7.    #7  
    Yeah, I see that now that you point it out. So, I searched their forums and came up with this:
    Hi cplush,

This is currently a known issue with the Microsoft MyPhone application. We are looking to make a fix soon so that the recurring appointments show up correctly on the portal.

However i do want to point out that, that the recurring appointments WILL BE correctly synced back to another phone if you synced them. It is ONLY the web site that shows the recurring appointment as a single appointment.

Please let me know if you need more clarification

Thanks!
  8.    #8  
    Okay, this isn't as sweet as I initially thought. I just realized that not all My Documents is getting backed up. Most importantly, they don't back up Outlook Notes.

I also rely on a Keepass database to store all my passwords, personal info, etc. That doesn't get backed up either. The only extensions they back up are:
    Code:
    doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, pdf, txt, 1sp, rtf, html, htm, wks, wps, wdb
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Man, I posted about this yesterday and was praising MyPhone (which I don't usually do with MS Products). In my experience, it turns out that 'MyPhone' uploads the contacts and other data pretty well and displays it to you in a reasonable way. But god forbid you have to restore that data to your device... As far as contacts go, they only give you the option to restore 15 at a time. But when you click restore to phone, it doesn't do anything. I know that "beta" serves as the disclaimer, but that's a pretty huge part of the functionality to be broken. Now I'm knee deep in google's sync program trying to restore everything.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I'm looking at this as more of a synch with anyone option than a backup solution. Managing my calendar from a distance is helpful. Having only 200MB to back up my phone doesn't do much for me, and multiple backup programs seems like a waste of time.
    I just tried this last night and set up an account. I currently have a Tre800w (a year old now) and am looking to get a TreoPro within the next few weeks/months.

This service will be a true test of whether I can synch my PIM data to a new phone. Anyone else tried that yet?

Very curious about the SMS transfer portion. Does it work?
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I have been using it for almost 2 months with no problems. Quick sync, not issues with sms.
    I've tried it so far. On the Web counterpart at least, it doesn't show text messages or Mobile favorites (Internet Explorer bookmarks). When the time comes, looks like I'll have to sync for that....
    Anybody have problems with SMS syncing with MS Myphone? See my post here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/1962246-post267.html
    I quickly reached the storage limit on my TP2. I noticed it went 2 days with an error indicating the sync was not done. I went to the site and goodness, all of the allocated space was used. I reset the preferences to not include the card and it is working again. Another day or 2 with it and I will probably remove it from both the TP and TP2.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Anybody have problems with SMS syncing with MS Myphone? See my post here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/1962246-post267.html
    Bump!
    Anyone have an idea why?
    Anyone have an idea why?
    Bump!
    Bump!
    Bump!
    Wow

Why do you need to quote your own "bump" comment to bump this thread again? LOL

BTW, do you know it's a non-written forum "rule" not to bump an old thread so many times? Especially if it's done by the very same person again and again and again ...

Just saying.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast