Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    good luck. I think you have a problem with the individual handset. the treo pro has very good battery life for windows mobile, and nothing abnormal in charging in my experience. Let us know how it works out please.
    I hope they don't hit me with billions of dollars in charges, but I kept the old cable and the outlet unit. I'm going to expiriment with both old and new if I find the charge continues to drag. I did ship the original battery back though.

As a side note, on my first handset the automated activation was not successful the first time around, so I wonder if I received an outdated version -- and if that might explain these issues...
    Last edited by slack; 05/20/2009 at 10:54 PM. Reason: corrections
  2.    #22  
    So far my replacement device is charging at about 5% every 10 minutes over USB to a host computer. This is a 50% improvement over my old device. Not to mention the battery life is significantly better.

I believe I had a bum device.. Case closed..
    I was aware that it was slower charging on the PC connection versus the wall connection but seeing your number is making me think maybe I have a problem.

It takes about 8hr to go from 0% (phone doesn't even turn on) to 100% when I am connected to the PC and takes 3hr to go from 0% to 100% when connected to the wall. In both senarios I have a completly idle unit (just the phone is turned on. No data, no wifi, not using the unit, it is just sitting on my desk waiting for a call and yes I have a very good signal)

Are these times in line with what other people are getting???

Cheers,
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick1416 View Post
    I was aware that it was slower charging on the PC connection versus the wall connection but seeing your number is making me think maybe I have a problem.

It takes about 8hr to go from 0% (phone doesn't even turn on) to 100% when I am connected to the PC and takes 3hr to go from 0% to 100% when connected to the wall. In both senarios I have a completly idle unit (just the phone is turned on. No data, no wifi, not using the unit, it is just sitting on my desk waiting for a call and yes I have a very good signal)

Are these times in line with what other people are getting???

Cheers,
    This is exactly what I was seeing with my old device. I haven't shipped it out yet, maybe we should compare revision numbers, etc. They may have a bad batch of these things going out.

Since getting my new phone it charged from 58% to 100% in about 1.5 hrs over the USB connection to my computer. I will be trying charging from the wall tomorrow.

Plus the battery life is looking real good on data and voice connections while it is unplugged.
    You probably already know this but when I tether I make sure I satrt w/a full battery & thanks to another (sorry I don't have your name) who let me know to go get Blackme so when I tether I have nothing running in the back ground , w/email on manual w/the ringer off (just in case) & using Blackme well I can tether all night & day & when I'm done heck the battery still has a full charge. ( Blackme is at Flytrap.it ). Glad you've already seen an improvement so far.
    Hope I don't get yelled at for this but when you send back a phone well what they want is the phone. Batteries they throw away & they use all the new stuff put back with the phone so the phone looks (after it's reset ) BN to whomever they resend it too. (Don't tell nobody I said this.) So don't worry. They sell the phone , they want the phone...
    Charging has never been a problem.
    That's good to hear. Only problem , some of us have received Pro's that have Hardware issues, some can be used & some can not, some we can keep & some that must be returned & exchanged. Wondering what Problems the Pre will have.
    Slack, If you have a chance I would greatly appreciate if you could completly drain your Pro's battery to a very low level and charge it up completly on your PC connection so I can compare times. It's not a deal breaker, as I don't charge from my PC and I usually charge overnight, but it would be nice to know if I have a crap version of the phone and if it is worth trying to trade it in.

Thanks
  10.    #30  
    I'll give that a shot and let you know. Based on my estimates it should take about 3 hours over tether. With the other phone it would have taken 16 hours.
    Slack,
    I recharged again yesterday and from 3% to 96% in the wall it took 2 hours. Next drain will be charged from the PC.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Does anyone have problem to charger the battery to a full 100%?mine always gets green light when it reaches between 94-97%,if I unplug and re-plug the charger cable(both wall & usb),it will charger another 15 minutes and goes up aonther 1-2% but never reaches 100%,this has happened on OEM,Seidio 1500 & 3500 mAh batteries,anyone has this issue battery not charging to 100%?
    I believe some of the experts around here say that is normal for the light to go from green to read while still on charge...I check mine when I take it off charge and the light is green...it is usually 98 or 99%
  14.    #34  
    Sorry for the delay in response here...

With my new phone charging from a PC takes about 3 hours to go from 2% to 96%

Using the wall charger, it takes about 1.5 hours.. I'm confident I had a faulty device or battery.. Thanks for all the replies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12