Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by suprjeff View Post
    I would like to have the audio play back when I shoot videos with my treo pro, is that fixable ?
    It is, but they won't, as per Charles' comment:Post #23. When I paid the $30 originally last year, I had an 800w and it worked wonderfully...I loved it. However since it doesn't fully support the Treo Pro and there are no plans for said support, I uninstalled it, and won't be re-installing it unless they decide to fully support the Treo Pro, or I get a phone that is fully supported. Not to mention, every time a program update is installed, it automatically takes over all your file associations again, and you have to go back to Advanced Settings (if you have the pay version, of course) and change them.
    Quote Originally Posted by suprjeff View Post
    I would like to have the audio play back when I shoot videos with my treo pro, is that fixable ?
    Palm doesn't make the audio decoder used by their video recording app available to 3rd-party software, so Kinoma Play can't play them directly.

The workaround I use it to upload my videos to YouTube, and then play them (with sound, since YouTube converts the audio to more standard format) from there.

Quote Originally Posted by SandersJC1964 View Post
    However since it doesn't fully support the Treo Pro...
    The Treo Pro is one of our more popular supported devices, and my personal phone as well. Palm even ships a special edition of Kinoma FreePlay with the device.

...every time a program update is installed, it automatically takes over all your file associations again, and you have to go back to Advanced Settings (if you have the pay version, of course) and change them.
    I'd appreciate if you would report that to our support folks.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    Palm doesn't make the audio decoder used by their video recording app available to 3rd-party software, so Kinoma Play can't play them directly.

The workaround I use it to upload my videos to YouTube, and then play them (with sound, since YouTube converts the audio to more standard format) from there.

The Treo Pro is one of our more popular supported devices, and my personal phone as well. Palm even ships a special edition of Kinoma FreePlay with the device.

I'd appreciate if you would report that to our support folks.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    File Association problem reported. As for the other, I don't necessarily want to upload my videos to YouTube, just so I can watch them in KP. It just doesn't make sense to me that an edition of software shipped with a phone, doesn't support all the features of that phone (i.e. audio in native video). I don't know who dropped the ball here on that, but whomever it was, it bugs the **** out of me.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    just downloaded the trial for pocket player 4.1 and it plays the audio recorded on the treo pro, haven't had much time to play around with it yet.
    ...I don't necessarily want to upload my videos to YouTube, just so I can watch them in KP.
    I understand, I just wanted to offer the workaround that I personally use.

It just doesn't make sense to me that an edition of software shipped with a phone, doesn't support all the features of that phone (i.e. audio in native video). I don't know who dropped the ball here on that, but whomever it was, it bugs the **** out of me.
    It works when the decoder is available, and (of course) I agree that it's inconvenient when phones makers block 3rd-party access to certain decoders.
    • Is there a 3rd-party AMR-NB decoder available for WinMo? Install that, and even on phones that block the built-in decoder it should "just work".

• As a low-quality, voice-only format, AMR-NB is the worst format one could choose for video recording. Is there a better video recording app available for WinMo?

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    I understand, I just wanted to offer the workaround that I personally use.

It works when the decoder is available, and (of course) I agree that it's inconvenient when phones makers block 3rd-party access to certain decoders.
    • Is there a 3rd-party AMR-NB decoder available for WinMo? Install that, and even on phones that block the built-in decoder it should "just work".

• As a low-quality, voice-only format, AMR-NB is the worst format one could choose for video recording. Is there a better video recording app available for WinMo?

-- Charles Wiltgen
    I appreciate your response. I wish I knew of a better video recording app that I could use. I've tried every format option on the Treo Pro but I guess those are just for video and not audio. I haven't thought about looking for a decoder...I'll look into that.
    Well, I don't think too highly of Kinoma's forums. I submitted a comment this morning and it told me it would have to be moderated first. That was 12 hours ago and it didn't post. Are they censoring posts? Mine wasn't controversial at all.
    Alrighty, I'm game for TrialPay. Is there one that everyone is doing that can be cancelled easily or immediately to avoid charges or just a minimal charge?
    Quote Originally Posted by UPdownLoAD View Post
    Alrighty, I'm game for TrialPay. Is there one that everyone is doing that can be cancelled easily or immediately to avoid charges or just a minimal charge?
    Try Real Player or Video or whatever it is. Worked for me, but that was month ago.
    I beg to differ that FreePlay is not crippled. You can only retrieve 10 items in youtube search. Why this limitation? I cannot think of a good reason, other than annoying users to pay $30 to search for more than 10 youtube videos.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123