1.    #1  
    I've had the worst of luck with car chargers for my Treo 800w.

I first went with some generic micro USB charger. It fell apart within a week. OK - I got what I paid for.

I found the Seido High Output Car Charger to be poorly constructed. The micro USB plug fit too loosely and often came lose while driving. Finally, the micro USB plug fell apart.

After that, I decided to fork over $31.99 at the local Sprint store for their own brand of charger. Well, the plug on that one doesn't fit very securely either. It's very annoying to be driving and have to constantly plug the charger back in. Note that my Palm brand 120V charger at home fits my 800w securely. I can even pick the 800w up by the cord and jiggle it a bit without it becoming disconnected.

So...what I want is car charger a charger with a micro USB plug that fits securely AND one that puts out at least 1000 mA so that I can run the GPS and still have the 800w charge faster than the power is being consumed.

I have tried to find specs on the various micro USB chargers out there, but almost nobody tells the amperage output of the chargers!

Can anyone please help?
    Have you tried going back to the sprint store with a reciept, explaining that their charger fits VERY loose, but the Palm one fits very tight, and trying a new charger? I have a Pro, this may not matter much, but I just picked up a Sprint MicroUSB car charger that fits VERY snug, and charges much faster than the palm home charger.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    Have you tried going back to the sprint store with a reciept, explaining that their charger fits VERY loose, but the Palm one fits very tight, and trying a new charger? I have a Pro, this may not matter much, but I just picked up a Sprint MicroUSB car charger that fits VERY snug, and charges much faster than the palm home charger.
    Centro85: I forgot to mention that I have exchanged the Sprint charger twice already. I'll be exchanging it for the 3rd time tomorrow - unless somebody can recommend a better charger. To their credit, Sprint has given me no hassle with the exchanges so far.

Have you (or anyone else) had any experience with the Plam OEM charger for the 800w/Pro?
    Car charger or home? I only have the Palm house charger, which came with the phone, and is obviously of good build. Other than the Sprint Charger, and the Verizon MicroUSB car charger for the storm, I have no other experience. The Verizon charger was almost TOO tight, and seemed to charge just as fast, if not faster, than my Sprint one. I supposed you would always go to a Verizon store and ask to test one out.

Other than that, I have read many good things about the motorola high speed car charger.
    I purchased the proclip 968849 - Holder with Tilt Swivel and Cigarette Lighter Charger. It works with the navigation and gps great.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by cr4west View Post
    I purchased the proclip 968849 - Holder with Tilt Swivel and Cigarette Lighter Charger. It works with the navigation and gps great.
    Thanks. I'm going to have a look at the ProClip now.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    Car charger or home? I only have the Palm house charger, which came with the phone, and is obviously of good build. Other than the Sprint Charger, and the Verizon MicroUSB car charger for the storm, I have no other experience. The Verizon charger was almost TOO tight, and seemed to charge just as fast, if not faster, than my Sprint one. I supposed you would always go to a Verizon store and ask to test one out.

Other than that, I have read many good things about the motorola high speed car charger.
    Car charger. I'll have a look at the Verizon and the Motorola ones. Thanks.
    If this does not work for you, it might indicate some other problem.
    to the verizon branded one. i bought one of those a while back for mine and it's been working great for quite a while now.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I have a few of these items from monoprice so far NO issues at all. 1000ma charger and high quality cables. 5 treo800 at office all run and charge great with these items.

Car ChargerFor only $0.83 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Car Charger (Cigarette Lighter) to USB Female Converter - Black | Car Charger Accessories

Micro Usb CableFor only $1.23 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 1.5 ft USB A/male to Micro USB 5 pin male Cable | USB 2.0 Cable - Micro-B Type
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre