1.    #1  
    My pro, running on Sprint, has been getting severely delayed text messages. In some cases, 1-2 hours. I ran a test myself last night. The first text I sent was delivered in 45mins, and the second one (sent 2 hours later, while the phone was in the same exact location) was delieverd in 5 seconds.

This is totally unacceptable to me. The girl I'm seeing flipped out on me the other night because she had texted me 5 times and I never got back to her. Thankfully, the messages came in like 3 hours later while we were in the car together, so I was exhonerrated.

In all cases I had atleast 3 bars of service and the phone was pretty much just Idle. It has happened in all sorts of different locations as well.

I'm wondering if this is a Treo Pro issue or a Sprint issue.

Anybody have any ideas?
    I have this issue sometime on my Bell(canadian carrier) Treo Pro...
    Its really annoying and I dont know what is the real problem/solution...
    Usually that always is a data issue. May want to an email or call directly to have them open up a report. Keep testing it and report it to Sprint. A few years ago I did this with Nextel for 4 weeks. Could not get any service at my house. They let me out of ETF. I had 44 open service tickets.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Usually that always is a data issue. May want to an email or call directly to have them open up a report. Keep testing it and report it to Sprint. A few years ago I did this with Nextel for 4 weeks. Could not get any service at my house. They let me out of ETF. I had 44 open service tickets.
    44 service tickets? wow that's crazy. I confirmed that it's an issuew ith Sprint. Being in constant service isn't an issue (I live in New York City). Yesterday afternoon I switched back to my Touch Diamond, and had the same issue. I thought it may have something to do with the dormant data connection, so I set it to time out after 1 min of idleness. This didn't work either - I got a text that was delayed over an hour (and I ended up getting yelled at by my girlfriend). This has been going on for months.

I can't tell what's causing this, but I can reproduce one scenerio. When I get a text in the subway (no service), then come out of the subway, it takes over an hour to be 'redelivered' to my handset. The problem also happens when I have full service, but this is just one scenerio.

Long story short, I just ordered an Omnia from Verizon. I know they have a host of issues as well, but atleast they're known for excellent coverage (in my area atleast). I have 30 days to test it out and see if I have the same delay issues.
    pfft, seriously though, if you get yelled at for missing a text message, then A. your with the wrong person and B. your with the wrong phone. Maybe a Razr phone or the LG Rumor would be a better fit for you.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
    pfft, seriously though, if you get yelled at for missing a text message, then A. your with the wrong person and B. your with the wrong phone. Maybe a Razr phone or the LG Rumor would be a better fit for you.
    I think if I tell someone to text me when they need me to pick them up, and they text me half a dozen times, and I don't reply within an hour, they have every right to be pissed of.

Also, don't bother posting if you're not smart enough to justify your answers with any supporting facts. I've owned a dozen smartphones prior to this one, and the fact that it's a smartphone DOES NOT EXCUSE IT FOR MISSING CALLS / TEXTS. This forum is full of people that are very very concerned with the fact that when people call and/or text them, they may or may not get the call.

I use my phone for work and for my business, and missing more than 1 or 2 calls/texts due to network issues a YEAR is completely unacceptable.
    had same problem on my treo 800. switched to the original wm texting. problem was gone. give it a try.
    I've been having the same problems and called Sprint about this countless times; nothing ever happens. Most of the time the texts work fine, but I get delayed texts quite often. Sometimes I don't get texts at all.
    May have to do w/ the fact that Boost Mobile launched a crazy deal for kids giving them unlimited text messaging which completely overloaded the network?

Texting goes to hell in a handbasket on Boost; Seidenberg vindicated?
    I'll agree with A, but not B. You forgot C: get a new carrier. I have one of the early GSM Treo Pros on AT&T -- NO SMS delay. And it's a 1.01 ROM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wildrage View Post
    44 service tickets? wow that's crazy.
    I was relentless about trying to leave Nextel without paying an ETF. I called everyday when texts were delayed or I could not get service at my house. I won.

You may want to bombard Sprint about it. When I had this issue with Nextel it was really annoying. I am in the Southeast and service is still great here.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    I'll agree with A, but not B. You forgot C: get a new carrier. I have one of the early GSM Treo Pros on AT&T -- NO SMS delay. And it's a 1.01 ROM.
    I am with Sprint and I get no missed calls, no ringer issues, no missed texts. And I use my phone probably 10+ hours a day.

I am with Sprint and I get no missed calls, no ringer issues, no missed texts. And I use my phone probably 10+ hours a day.

Are you in the same market as the Original Poster? I'm sure it cant be a network-wide problem.
    I've had many issues with my friend and wife who are Sprint users. Not sure why Sprint delays them but 15minutes to an hour delay is pretty common with them.

Another reason why Sprint is the best. Why anyone keeps them around I don't know.
  15.    #15  
    I heard that Boost Mobile was having hours of delays ever since they launched their unlimited program..since they are all on the same network (or are they, don't they use iDEN?), I thought it may be affecting Sprint. Most of the times messages only take seconds to send, but other times it takes hours. Maybe I depend on text messages too much...they are sort of dangerous, because when we send them, we ASSUME that the other person received them...there is no confirmation.
    Well you can always check your "sent" folder in your text messaging area then you know they went.

17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Well you can always check your "sent" folder in your text messaging area then you know they went.
    Well yeah...and that's my point. Say you send a text to your friend to tell him that you changed your plans and meeting somewhere else. You check your sent folder, and it says it went through....but your friend has Sprint, and his text gets delayed for 2 hours. You are at the new location getting pissed that your friend isn't there (after all, it is in your sent folder), and he is at the old location, thinking you blew him off (after all, he never got a text). Granted, things will eventually work themselves out...but it could screw up your plans for the night.