1.    #1  
    What are you folks using to read news?

I tried SPB Insight; however, it clutters the Today screen and there does not seem to be a way to deselect it.

Thanks, Gary
    Try Google Reader. works great on my laptop and Centro.

Good Luck
    You might consider Viigo.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    try my Uncle Viigo.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I actually use Spb Insight on the today screen, inside a tab in Pocket+ to use less space. I also have Spb weather inside a P+ tab as well. I'm not sure what you mean by deselect it, as I can deselect just by selecting something else on the screen, or use the dpad to navigate off it. If you mean deselect it so it wont show on the today screen at all... just remove the checkmark under today items.

Pocket RSS is another one that I have tried in the past but you can't make it so that the icon won't show like you can with Insight, and I found it buggy. It crashed quite a bit on the today screen.

6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Synergie View Post
    I actually use Spb Insight on the today screen, inside a tab in Pocket+ to use less space. I also have Spb weather inside a P+ tab as well. I'm not sure what you mean by deselect it, as I can deselect just by selecting something else on the screen, or use the dpad to navigate off it. If you mean deselect it so it wont show on the today screen at all... just remove the checkmark under today items.
    Oops! I just reinstalled it and you are right - It can be deselected in the Today Screen.

Thanks. I'm going to play with it some more.

Gary
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberLord View Post
    You might consider Viigo.
    I shall have a look.
    Thanks, Gary
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Try Google Reader. works great on my laptop and Centro.

Good Luck
    It's in the queue
    Thanks, Gary
    Currently using Newsbreak until Insight comes out with new version that has auto update feature.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Another Newsbreak user here
  11.    #11  
    I'm trialling Newsbreak and SPB Insight right now.

I've noticed, based on few samples, that more narrative is provided with "some" news sources on Insight. That is, with Insight there is much more info provided; you do not have to advance to the browser.

For example, using CNN.comm - Technology, the article on "online life after death", Newsbreak provides only one paragraph while Insight provides about five paragraphs.

Weird.

Gary
    SPB Insight does provide a lot more details in the news downloaded BUT it does not have auto update which is essential for me. There are a lot of users asking for an update in SPB forum but so far no news.
    Im using "Rss hub" from a rom dump of the sprint touch diamond by Swtos. Works really well and is great for podcasting
    I'm using Spb insight, but its no on the today screen, rather I'm using Resco launcher which is in my today screen, and it has my commonly used apps.

My setup is as follows on my today screen:
    SPB phone profile
    SPB weather
    Windows Calendar
    Resco launcher

All fits in the screen, this is how I like it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GMul View Post
    Oops! I just reinstalled it and you are right - It can be deselected in the Today Screen.

Thanks. I'm going to play with it some more.

Gary