Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This morning when I opened Sprint Nav it prompted me to download a new version. So I did and installed but now its pissing me off.

There is no uninstall file for the old sprint nav and the new sprint nav is there too. Also I can't remove the old Sprint Nav link from my menu bar so I have 2 links to Nav under that start menu.

Any help?
    All I really want to do is remove the old sprint navigation and use the new one. Memmaid didn't help...
    boy..i have the same problem...
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I downloaded the new version yesterday, but I use Ultimate Launcher and quick Menu, so I was able to point the shortcut to the new version of Sprint Nav, (which I installed on my storage card) it works fine.
    I don't believe there is a way to delete the original. Isn't it in the ROM?
    Delete the TeleNav folder in your program files, device. Sprint Navigation is all you need after the upgrade.
    I got that same message about a new version on my Touch Pro, but they don't have an actual upgrade for the Touch Pro on the web page . This sucks even MORE for us Touch Pro folks, because the version of Sprint Navigation we are currently using is not properly sized for the Touch Pro's VGA screen. So all the graphics have jaggies.

Anyway, glad I got Garmin Mobile XT.

Can anyone tell what is improved in the new version?
    I guess I won't be opening my Sprint Nav for awhile. The Mustang has a 7.3 inch display anyway and since owning it I haven't used my phone navigation since.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I guess I won't be opening my Sprint Nav for awhile. The Mustang has a 7.3 inch display anyway and since owning it I haven't used my phone navigation since.
    my M45 has a BIGGER screen
    You can still use the old version of Sprint Navigation that you already have. There's an option not to attempt to download the new version. I don't know why they ask us Touch Pro folks to download a new version when they have no new version for us.

You should get yourself some TV Out cables and then into your Mustang's display.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    I got that same message about a new version on my Touch Pro, but they don't have an actual upgrade for the Touch Pro on the web page . This sucks even MORE for us Touch Pro folks, because the version of Sprint Navigation we are currently using is not properly sized for the Touch Pro's VGA screen. So all the graphics have jaggies.
    Darnell, search for Telenav 5.1; it's out there and works nicely on the TP. You can probably find it on ppgeeks.com in one of the files links under the custom ROMs, I suspect. The drawback is that it doesn't work with "drive to..." under contacts, but the graphics work fine.

Sorry to stray from topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    my M45 has a BIGGER screen
    Mustang has a BIGGER motor.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haus View Post
    Darnell, search for Telenav 5.1; it's out there and works nicely on the TP. You can probably find it on ppgeeks.com in one of the files links under the custom ROMs, I suspect. The drawback is that it doesn't work with "drive to..." under contacts, but the graphics work fine.

is telenav 5.1 carrier specific?
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Mustang has a BIGGER motor.
    .1L larger.. although the M45 has more HP. Of course, that's not saying much since the new 6cyl Camaro has 10 less HP as the 2009 and older V8 Mustangs as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    .1L larger.. although the M45 has more HP. Of course, that's not saying much since the new 6cyl Camaro has 10 less HP as the 2009 and older V8 Mustangs as well
    Stock? Haha.

Here is the ultimate sleeper. My 1994 Mustang GT 5.0 which only made 215HP from the factory (that's not rear wheel horsepower). A few modifications and the 5L motor made well over 500HP and 455 HP at the rear wheels.

The Ulitmate Sleeper! From the outside you would never know.

Quote Originally Posted by haus View Post

Oh I know. I used it to make this review of several navigation programs.

Problem is, Telenav 5.1 works for a while and then dies. Because you have to pay an extra $10/month to keep it going. It works for a while only as a trial. The Sprint Everything Plans cover the Sprint Navigation program, but not Telenav 5.1. There is a totally seperate Telenav package that has to be added on to keep Telenav 5.1 running.

Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    is telenav 5.1 carrier specific?
    I think Telenav has a version of their software for most any device. You can ask them over at Telenav.com. Their support people work 24/7, so you can call them anytime. I've found their support people to be extremely nice. They even extended my trial of Telenav 5.1 when I called them.
  15.    #15  
    Ya your bright red sports cars a REAL sleeper....

ANYWAYS

any got and info on how to take the original Sprint Nav off my start menu? When I try to change it under Menu, it says it can't be moved.
    I forget exactly where it is in WM 6.1, but the start menu icons are in a file folder. See if there's something like Windows\Start Menu (or maybe Start) or something of that sort.

If you find the right folder you can just delete the icon from there and it should be removed from your start menu.

So what's better about the new version of Sprint Navigation?
    Also, what's the version number of the new version?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I've been chasing this all morning after I updated my Sprint Navigation software, and it kept loading the same old version and asking me to upgrade. It never occurred to me that it was a stupid shortcut issue to the wrong version. Thanks a bunch for posting this thread! I ended up going to Windows/Start Menu/Programs, copying the shortcut from there (which was correct), and pasting it over the shortcut in the Windows/Start Menu folder.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Oh, and the new version number is 2.1.30.
  20.    #20  
    Something is weird. I only have the new Nav link under my windows/start folder, but when I press the start button the old Nav like is still there...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast